CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Contributes to the overall strategic vision of the Content Delivery Network (CDN) organization to analyze requirements, design/test solutions and deploy into production.Recognized across the organization as a developing subject matter expert on CDN technologies andsought as a resource for resolution of complexproblems. Undertakes multiplehighly complex CDNprojects and may require coordination acrossmultiple business units. This position will specifically be focused on the engineering of platforms involved in the direct serving, storage and localization of content.Job Description
- Position requires extensive knowledge in deploying revenue generating customer focused solutions in large scale networks to include a background in IP networking, security, virtualization and open source technologies
- Strong understanding of Content Delivery Networks, Media acquisition/packaging/delivery and OTT concepts
- Lead, define and manage initiatives and projects to develop new CDN solutions
- Analyze Product and Architecture inputs to develop technical requirementsto support designand development efforts
- Develop solutions and testguidance to satisfy technical requirements that address management, scalability, performance and redundancy
- Define, document and communicate standards for managing the production CDN network
- Define, document and communicate up to date network designs representative of the production network
- Ensure alignment of assigned projects with agreed upon StrategicRoadmaps and Target Architectures
- Provide peer review on architecture and designs developed to support projects not directly assigned to ensure alignment with overall CDN direction
- Engage in the forward-looking planning and decision-making processto ensure the CDN product is in a continuous improvement cycleto support the business strategy
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and relevant experience
- 6+ years related experience
- Protocols: BGP, OSPF, DNS, SNMP, HTTP, TCP, UDP, BBR, DHCP, SSL, Adaptive Streaming (DASH, HLS, HDS, Smooth)
- Software: NGINX, Varnish, LUA, Python, Jenkins, Kafka, SQL, XML
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix; US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Colorado-Littleton; US-Louisiana-Monroe; US-Oklahoma-Tulsa
Requisition #: 214121
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website