CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Partner in a team environment to design, develop, code, test and debug new software or significant enhancements to existing software of moderate complexity. Develop solutions across many disciplines and be responsible for explaining solutions and procedures. Apply principles, theories and concepts and use methodologies, tools, documentation processes and test procedures to complete projects related to moderately complex software.Job Description
- Design and develop automated systems/programs to satisfy business partner requirements by performing structured reviews of program/system design, reviewing test plans for the system, performing and reviewing application systems programming and testing, and reviewing system test results with business partners and development personnel.
- Provide for the timely and accurate resolution of business partner service requests, prompt replies to business partner or management inquiries, and regular feedback regarding application status opportunities, and problems.
- Remain abreast of industry software technology, automation techniques, software development and support.
- Participate in walk through of designs and programs. Provide appropriate feedback to ensure the technical quality of an application and provide solutions to design and program issues.
- Resolve automation development and technical maintenance problems.
- Provide on call support.
- Design, develop, test, implement, and maintain applications / automation software.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Work experience with at least one major computer application.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to plan, organize, and coordinate, multiple project tasks to meet established deadlines and accommodate rapidly changing priorities.
- Effective communications, interpersonal and analysis skills.
- 1+ years experience in Automation tools and techniques
- 1+ years experience in Python, Oracle, SQL, Unix and Linux
Alternate Location: US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition #: 213486
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website