CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Sourcing candidates for future opportunities, this requisition is to build a source pool of qualified candidates.
The Senior Sales Engineer provides the development of technology solutions that help customers accelerate their business initiatives within a technology domain. The Senior Sales Engineer acts as a key member of the customer-facing team and is responsible for aligning CenturyLink services and capabilities with customer objectives, representing the CenturyLink service portfolio and value proposition to prospective customers, and contributing to the overall sales and business development strategy for supported markets.Job Description
Attend customer meetings in person or using collaboration tools.
Facilitate customer conversations to uncover, scope, and define customer business objectives addressable by CenturyLink capabilities
Analyzes customers business needs and develops solution strategies based on knowledge of customers technology environment
Initiate and develop strong customer relationships and act as a customer advocate within CenturyLink to ensure the delivery of an exceptional customer experience
Prepare technical proposals and presentations for customers and provide limited scope responses to service and industry questions.
Actively participate in account, module, and market planning meetings. Develop solution strategies and recommend service options which align to customer objectives and deliver profitable revenue growth to CenturyLink.
Develop responses to client issued Requests for Proposal/Information through design and thought leadership.
Deliver both formal and informal presentations which effectively represent the industry positioning and capabilities of CenturyLink, and the business value and ROI of service offerings proposed to customers.
Provide statement(s) of work, scoping and design documentation, solution summaries, operational support detail, and other technical documentation to outline delivery and lifecycle of services proposed to customers.
Participate in relevant market, industry, or technology organizations / associations, marketing events, and trade shows Provide basic service, capability, technology, and industry training to internal and external groups
Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities:
- Communication: Intermediate written and verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to build relationships over the phone. Must have a proactive communication style ensuring timely status of projects to account team and customer. Must be able to listen and discern specific customer requirements as they related to company products and services. Must be able to develop relationships and communicate with customer technical staff.
- Technical Skills: Intermediate working understanding of voice/data/internet applications, communications technology, and network design. Intermediate understanding of technical terminology related to company products and services. Requires general knowledge of voice and data communications equipment. Intermediate understanding of sales cycles and the solution selling process, preferably at multiple levels, i.e., Internet and Enterprise. Intermediate level presentation skills.
- Problem Solving: Intermediate analytical skills. Must be able to work through complex issues with a methodical approach. Intermediate ability to graphically depict solutions in a compelling manner.
- Work Style: Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be detail oriented.
- Computer Skills: Intermediate MS Office Suite knowledge and usage. Ability to learn internal company systems, such as Siebel, Granite, and Network Engineer.
- Business Acumen: Must have intermediate understanding of company financial measures. Must have an intermediate understanding of telecommunications industry and sales cycles.
- Ability to travel as needed (Approx. 50%).
- Security clearance may be required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Pre-Sales engineering or equivalent experience including consulting or professional services
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred technology domain certification (CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, AWS Solutions Associate, CompTIA Network+, Security+, MCSA, etc.)
- Experience leading customer collaboration, discovery, and whiteboard sessions to draw out technology solutions.
- Broad understanding of IT concepts, architectures, and processes, with experience supporting networking, software, cloud, or security technology domains
- Demonstrated ability to establish lasting relationships with customers.
- Excellent written, presentation and speaking skills
- Must possess a deep understanding of business strategies, execution model and technology enablement within one or more related domains to drive engagement and thought leadership with clients
- Understanding of how technology can be applied to address or accelerate customer business objectives
Alternate Location: US-North Carolina-Raleigh
Requisition #: 215778
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website