CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The purpose of this job is to provide timely and accurate accounting for assigned revenue.The objective is to ensure that all revenues are recorded monthly and to accurately maintain all accounts on the respective balance sheets through reconciliation to the general ledger. Month over month, quarter over quarter and YTD over YTD variance analysis will be important part of monthly duties.
- Prepare monthly journal entries with supporting schedules and worksheets for assigned revenue.
- Reconcile all general ledger accounts assigned.
- Run SAP, BW, RAR, and CCDW reports as needed to fill information requests.
- Research, analyze and explain variances on revenues.
- Prepares entries, variances, and additional analysis for Management reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of four years of accounting or equivalent experience.
- Proficient working knowledge of personal computers, terminal operations and spreadsheet software.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Goal and detail oriented
- Self motivated ability to set priorities and complete projects.
- Willingness to work overtime, as necessary.
- Knowledge of all of CenturyLinks systems that support the billing and ledger-closing process, including SAP, RAR, and CCDW.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Goal and detail oriented
- Self motivated ability to set priorities and complete projects
- Willingness to learn.
Bachelors or Equivalent in Accounting
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition #: 213736
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website