CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.Job Summary
Undertakes the planning, design and development of new transport network across the EMEA region to support multiple projects. Assimilates various internal and external customer requirements, creates new network capacity solutions, assembles the required equipment augment costs and budgets and participates in the overall network augment approval and trigger process. Undertakes specific network simplification and network enablement projects. Ensures efficient and timely deployment or removal of equipment, meeting customer demand through analysing current network designs, port/route consumption trends, new technologies and future opportunities for augmentation.
Works under minimal supervision, performs a wide spectrum of complex assignments requiring alternative analysis, innovation and judgment. Assumes responsibility for contribution to the success of major or multiple projects. Must have a strong customer focusJob Description
- Applies detailed understanding of current network configuration and technology to ensure capacity and efficiency of the planned designs.
- Documents detailed technical methodology for installation of network equipment of moderate complexity, including written directions, graphical equipment layouts, and equipment topology.
- Defines requirements, develops, implements and uses reporting procedures and methodologies to analyse network utilization and predict growth trends. Troubleshoots reporting errors and identifies data specific problems within large sets of data. Manually facilitates correction of reporting errors caused by data problems.
- Prepares status/progress reports and updates management on projects.
- Participates in development of reports. May present new reports and summaries of network data to Management, Product Teams, and Network Planning.
- Assists in requirements, development, implementation and use of reporting procedures and methodologies to analyse network utilization and predicts growth trends under periodic supervision.
- May participate in definition of new network configurations, technologies, and best planning practices.
- May provide direction for the development of tools to monitor, manage, and report on the network.
- Demonstrated capacity to focus and deliver on multiple objectives in a dynamic, multi-faceted, fast-paced environment. An ability to reprioritize and embrace change is a significant requirement.
- Strong data/economic analysis skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented with an intense focus on quality
- Proven track record as adept and effective project manager
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization, and communications skills
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, Access, Visio
- Positive and professional attitude and appearance
- Experience in an engineering role that included a substantial business/financial focus (preferred)
- An ability to understand complex technical issues and learn quickly.
Alternate Location: PL-Poznan-Poznan
Requisition #: 218859
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for people with disabilities. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation or any other status protected by local or national law. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. We participate in the A-Check Pre-employment Screening Program or the Electronic Employment Verification Program, depending on location.
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
Apply on company website