CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
This Facilities Manager position will be responsible for the day- to-day provisioning of facility management services to include corrective maintenance, preventative maintenance, planning and end-to-end responsibility for expense budgets relating to their specific area of responsibility. The Manager of Real Estate Facilities Operations may lead a team of exempt and non-exempt employees and partners with other internal teams as may be required.Job Description
The Manager position is responsible for:
* 1.25M - 2M SF of owned and leased real estate
* 100 1,000 facility locations
* Up to 30 internal and external reports
* Managing various facility types including administrative, service centers, call centers, central offices and garages
o $1M - $3M in operating expense
o $500K - $5M in capital spend, 10+ projects
* Develops Facilities Management operational expense budgets in accordance with established guidelines.
* Ensures the safety and operational reliability of area of responsibility within parameters of the approved expense budget.
* Facilitates corrective repairs, preventative maintenance and other services as may be required within the area of responsibility as per established standards.
* Supervises internal staff and/or third party service providers in the delivery of corrective and preventative maintenance services.
* Utilizes established systems, tools and programs to ensure service continuity and achieve key objectives in areas such as cost management, service delivery and client relationships/communication.
* Administers Safety and Disaster Recovery Programs as required for area of responsibility.
* Travels as required for area of responsibility; maintains availability via cell phone and serves as 24x7 on-call point of contact on a rotating/periodic basis.
* Identifies capital and expense projects required to maintain and/or improve company assets.
* Partners with project management SME as necessary to develop and manage annual multimillion dollar capital improvement budget.
* Strategically develops and maintains capital and expense replacement programs for area of responsibility.
* Directly manages capital and expense projects within area of responsibility (up to $100K).
* Balances contractor and budget resources in territory to deliver projects on schedule, within budget and meeting the CenturyLink standard quality of work.
* Interfaces with various internal business units to ensure facilities in program are delivered in accordance with customer requirements.
* Assists with other Real Estate matters such as leasing and landlord relations, tenant and building communications, environmental health and safety issues and facility audits, as required.
* Expertise in, and operational knowledge of commercial and technical space.
* Technical knowledge of building systems (mechanical, electrical and energy management, roofing systems, Fire Detection/Protection).Able to assess scopes of work/repair and confirm correct scope/price in a timely manner.
* Ability to focus on client service and conflict resolution.
* Capacity to understand complex commercial lease terms and conditions unique to each property location.
* Ability to manage various vendors/contractors in delivering service components.
* Detail-oriented with strong planning, monitoring and follow-up skills.
* Ability to work effectively with other disciplines with the Real Estate Organization as well as other business units within the corporation.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Proficiency in financial principles, including the calculation of basic financial measurements (NPV and payback), along with multiple cost center cost tracking.
* Self-starter with results-oriented attitude.
* Capacity to manage multiple projects at any given point in time and maintain end-to-end responsibility for each project within territory.
* Ability to write funding documents and/or creating business cases to obtain funding for projects.
* Capable of adhering to standard project management processes and utilizing proper accounting coding for projects/assets.
* Capacity to directly manage engineering consultants, construction contractors or any other vendors as required for the successful implementation.
* Ability to be on-call during all hours of construction work.
* Knowledge of property codes & policies (local building & fire codes, CenturyLink Fire Life Safety practices, CenturyLink Tech Publications, etc.) as well as the project zoning/permitting process.
* Basic computer literacy with ability to learn proprietary software programs.
* Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Project programs.
* Strong oral and written communications skills.
Education & Experience Requirements:
* College degree in Business, Engineering, Construction or related fields preferred; alternately, equivalent facility or project management experience, preferably within a large organization.
* In lieu of a degree, an equivalent of 5-10 years of relevant experience.
* Prior experience managing people.
* Prior experience managing property remotely.
* Industry certification preferred; Real Estate License, BOMA, IFMA, PMP or other Business Management or technical certification.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Oklahoma-Tulsa; US-Texas-Dallas; US-Texas-Fort Worth
Requisition #: 215292
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website