CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink SP&T teamis looking for a Lead Software Developer to join our Service Assurance organization to help transform consumer repair applications. This individual will help define, implement, and support software solutions as well as collaborate across teams to implement the solutions. This position is part of a fast-paced agile environment and requires the individual to adapt well to change. Enabling a digital experience both for employees and customers is a critical part of this role which will lead to the continued success of CenturyLink.Job Description
- Partners with Technology personnel to develop creative technology solutions in support of meeting client expectations
- Collaborates with multiple teams of developers to implement project specifications, providing workflow support and technical guidance to less experienced team members
- Estimates timeline for assigned projects and ensures that work is completed with the estimate given
- Provides leadership in the development and implementation of short and long-term technology plans and related policies and procedures
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams, team members and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver solutions
- Design and build secure, scalable and highly available software solutions
- Participate in code reviews, develop and execute unit and integration tests as required
- Ability to adapt and work in an agile fast paced environment
- Think outside the box in resolving business challenges
- Participates in rotating OnCall support activities as required
- Collaborate with Offshore development team and provide technical guidance
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience
5+ years of software development experience as a full stack developer, 3 years experience with Masters Degree
Experience in software development leveraging a variety of languages such as Java, PHP/Python, .NET, NodeJS, etc.
Proficient in Java/J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot and Struts
Experience working with SQL and No SQL databases like Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB etc.
Proficient in building/consuming RESTful APIs, swagger docs, API gateways(Apigee) etc.
Experience with at least one of the cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google cloud
Knowledge and experience in testing frameworks like Junit, Mockito etc. and Test Driven Development
CI/CD using GitLab, Jenkins or TeamCity
Experience with caching and messaging technologies like Redis, Kafka, RabbitMQ
Iterative application development experience using SCRUM
Working knowledge of application servers like WebLogic, jBoss
Experience with BPM platforms such as Bonita, Camunda etc.
Web application development using Angular or React frameworks
Knowledge of Neo4J, GraphQL
Working knowledge of Salesforce
Knowledge of SAFe framework
AWS/Azure Cloud Certification
Alternate Location: US-Minnesota-Minneapolis
Requisition #: 220017
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website