CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Partner in a team environment or be able to independently design, develop, code, test and debug new software or significant enhancements to existing software of moderate complexity. Develop solutions across many disciplines and be responsible for explaining solutions and procedures. Lead others in the application of principles, theories and concepts and use of methodologies, tools, documentation processes and test procedures to complete projects.Job Description
- Partner in an Agile Scrum team environment to be able to design, develop, code, test, debug and support in production new software or significant enhancements to existing software
- Work closely with business partners and technical staff to create technical solutions that meet business and technical requirements
- Build unit tests, debug integration issues and deploy emergency patches as needed
- Focus on automation and continuous delivery (TDD)
- Coordinate and partner with business teams and other IT teams inside and outside of the organization to identify and manage dependencies and deliverables, meeting client expectations
- Build production-quality enterprise-grade systems that achieve target SLAs for scalability, reliability, and performance on schedule
- Prioritize and handle multiple concurrent projects and efforts
- Accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; making clear, specific commitments to deliver results
- Create development environment for efficient testing and integration using fully automatedCDCI environment
- Experience working with various different types of APIs: REST, SOAP, etc.
The types of tools and systems you might work with/learn while on this team are:
- Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ and other message brokers
- Datastax(Cassandra), Mongo DB, Elasticsearch or other NoSQL type databases
- Jenkins/Gitlab CI/CD/ or other automated build and deployment systems
- Git or other revision control utilities
- Docker, Kubernetes, or other container and virtualization servicesQualifications
- Typically with 5+ years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree
- 4+ years of experience with a Master's Degree
- JAVA, JEE, JPA, Web Services REST & SOAP, XML, XML Beans, MVC, Spring Framework, hibernate, Servlets, EJB3, PL/SQL, SQL, Perl, UNIX Shell script, HTML 5 ,OSGI, CAMEL, Jquery, Ajax, Groovy, Micro Services (Kubernetes)
- Operating Systems: Linux, UNIX, Windows
- RDBMSs: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS Access
- JBOSS FUSE & JBOSS EAP, Tomcat, Apache WebServer, , Weblogic 10.x4
Experience in Agile software development practices using tools such as Jira
Ability to utilize big data technologies such as Hadoop, Splunk to generate data driven SmallBusiness experience
Experience with Advanced SQL/database programming in one or more of the followingcommercial relational databases: MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Littleton; US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition #: 216622
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website