CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The Digital Product team is looking for a detail-oriented Innovation Engineer with strong technical and problem-solving skills who will imagine, articulate, and direct the next generation of mobile solutions that help people manage their home.
You are an experienced iOS / Android architect who has an established track record breaking down complex problems into smaller, composable parts. You are able to clearly communicate complex software architecture to project stakeholders and Tech Leads. You drive the quality up and the risk down. You are an expert at applying platform features and best practices and sharing that knowledge to help the team grow. You like to share your best coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing techniques and uphold peer to peer code reviews.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. Youre ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.Job Description
What youll do
- Identify emerging mobile technology opportunities and become conversant in their applications using highly developed research techniques.
- Regularly create prototypes, POCs, and stupid pet tricks using cutting edge mobile technology to prove feasibility and push the boundaries.
- Go deep into legacy architectures and systems and light the way forward.
- Interact with appropriate experts from across the enterprise in assessments.
- Perform most complex research assessments, present findings to technical, business, and mid-level management audiences, without requiring guidance.
- Actively participate and provide guidance as new experimental features using your innovative solutions are delivered into production. Participate heavily in testing, identify and mitigate existing architectural gaps and challenges, engage in performance assessments.
- Act as a technology subject matter expert aiding the enterprise in understanding and communicating mobile technology capabilities, limitations, risks, and opportunities.
- Be integral in designing the future of CenturyLink app experiences.
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers, User Experience Designers, Product Managers, DevOps Engineers, and Testers to coordinate larger features.
- Ask questions, think on your feet, and absorb lots of information.
- Deliver simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
The experience we are looking for:
- 10+ years of digital software experience
- 5+ years of experience architecting and designing native apps solutions for iOS / Android
- Demonstrate architecting deployments techniques for iOS / Android apps
- Expertise in programming in Swift / Kotlin and implementing core modules using MVVM design pattern
- Expertise in Architecting data flow between modularized SDKs and component libraries
- Solid knowledge of data structures, algorithms and designing for performance, scalability and 100% availability systems
- Solid grasp in developing reusable artifacts, modules and assets
- Solid database management skills CoreData, mySQL, Relational Database Design
- Must have understanding to locate and optimize code for efficiency and performance
- Experience with defining and implementing Unit Tests
- Competence in working through code deployment techniques to App Store and TestFlight / Google Play Store
- Create Application Architecture and Technical design using well-groomed design patterns and solutions
- Solid database management skills Room Persistence, mySQL, Relational Database Design
Alternate Location: US-Washington-Seattle
Requisition #: 216450
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website