Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Director Service Delivery Transformation Operations leads a strong team of strategic professionals overseeing the development and implementation of an end to end single company process for all of Lumen's Service Delivery enterprise operations. This position will foster innovation and lead change to improve both operating cost and customer outcomes. The incumbent will collaborate and negotiate with other leaders across the organization to align priorities, implement and evaluate initiatives designed to strengthen customer experience and support profitable growth. Accountability for operational goals, customer satisfaction, and budgetary targets will be an essential part of this position.The Main Responsibilities
- Overall accountability for driving customer journeys which achieve efficiencies and effective customer and employee experience by creating a streamlined digital experience through innovation, technology, systems and processes that reinforce Lumen's position as the trusted connection to the networked world.
- Identify, develop and drive creative and comprehensive strategies and tactics within the Service Delivery Operations organization to achieve organization and Company objectives
- Ensure necessary measurements and analytics are in place to allow informed business decisions and to support performance management and SLA adherence at a department level
- Carry out continuous improvement analysis of customer activity, team performance, and Company processes to identify and prioritize areas of opportunity, develop and quantify appropriate improvement plans, and lead the attainment of desired results
- Develop collaborative relationships with key departments in the Company to align strategies and coordinate tactics requiring Service Delivery Operations involvement
- Drive transformation initiatives that meet customer, system and cost optimization requirements in collaboration with stakeholder organizations outside of Service Delivery Operations, specifically Field Operations, Engineering, Marketing, IT and Product Management
- Create and foster a high-quality work environment that helps attract, motivate and retain high quality team members
- Achieve budget and business plan for department
- 8+ years related specialized experience with 3+ years' experience at the managerial level
- Recognizable as a leader, possessing outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with a broad set of executives and constituencies.
- Strong results orientation with demonstrated track record of success.
- Strong interpersonal skills, presentation and negotiation skills and ability to work in fast-paced and independent environments.
- Proven ability in building and sustaining high performing teams.
- Experience in liaising with multiple operational contacts at executive and senior management levels.
- High degree of adaptability.
- Practical experience with Scaled Agile and Agile Methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to guide others through the transition from a traditional delivery mindset to a Lean-Agile mindset
- Analytical or process improvement experience, e.g. six-sigma, LEAN, or other statistical / process improvement areas
- Bachelors or Equivalent
Requisition #: 229559
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website