CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Reporting to the Vice President, Procurement, the Director manages the North American Accounts Payable and Purchasing functions including but not limited to the following:
- Establish and drive the strategy and priorities for the Accounts Payable and Purchasing functions
- Serve as business owner for Accounts Payable and Purchasing systems, processes and policies
- Build, develop, lead and structure teams (full time employees and onshore / offshore contractors) to achieve higher performance levels and results
- Supports the procurement of materials, equipment, supplies and services to all business areas within the company by managing a team of buyers / purchasing agents and maintaining good relationships with internal client groups.
- Supports the invoice process from invoice receipt through payment as well as expense report processing
- Ensures employee and contractor productivity, compliance with internal controls, and timeliness and accuracy of payments and purchase orders.
- Partners with Finance to support working capital / free cash flow management and reporting
- Ensures accuracy of all related data and systems integrity
- Identifies and implements continuous process improvements
- Working knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office software. Ariba system knowledge preferred. Must demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills. Strong management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Oversees the Accounts Payable and Purchasing functions, which includes invoice and purchase order processing, vendor set up, issues resolution, travel and expense report processing, payment disbursements, and master data management.
- Builds a high performing team consisting of full time employees and contractors; hires and retains the right talent in the right roles; sets goals, delegates work, holds reports accountable; develops and empowers direct reports to make decisions. Demonstrates Companys values, maintains a positive open demeanor, encourages different points of view, moves team forward through change; provides timely information; communicates context for business decisions; recognizes accomplishments; fosters teamwork and collaboration.
- Maintains all procedural documentation. Responds to and remedies any SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley), internal audit, and external audit control issues and gaps.
- Maintains and develops additional metrics and analytical tools. Communicates any issues to senior management and proposes solutions. Acts as business owner for Accounts Payable and Purchasing systems.
- Establishes and implements Accounts Payable and Purchasing strategy, metrics, and policies
Experience 7+ yrs with Bachelor's Degree, MBA preferred
Field of Study: Accounting, Finance or similar
Strong Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite skills.
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Colorado-Littleton; US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition #: 215216
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website