CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Director Network Service Operations reports to theVice President of Operations. This role is responsible for leading a high performance operations team focused on delivering exceptional service delivery in the assignedmetro area. The right candidate will find this a tremendous opportunity to shape a team through visionary leadership and strong process and efficiency improvements resulting in CenturyLink being synonymous with quality service and an exceptional customer experience.Job Description
- Lead an organization of 400+ employees engaged in field service and central office work supporting all services and products delivered in market.
- Maximize market penetration of enables network and adjacent services.
- Create great customer experiences and continuously improve customer ratings of technicians in the organization and help the team remove roadblocks to providing excellent and efficient service.
- Optimize operating and capital efficiencies and meet all expense and capital budget targets.
- Direct investments with discipline and a network-first focus by enabling fast, reliable broadband connectivity and leveraging services and partnerships that differentiate the company in the market.
- Evolve the workforce by continuously enabling a team that is ready to serve the digital world and implement initiatives that retain people in the right roles and foster high performance and employee engagement while improving productivity.
- Responsible for strategic long-term goals.
- Make final decisions on administrative or operations matters and ensures effective achievement of objectives.
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships across the company and with union leadership.
- Bachelors degree equivalent education and experience. Typically expect 8 10 years of related operations management eLEC, CLEC or IXC experience and 5+ years experience at the manager level.
- Has a customer-centric mindset.
- Be accountable and trustworthy.
- Encourages teamwork and collaboration.
- Commits to a sense of urgency in serving customers and meeting our responsibilities.
- Maintains concern and respect for fellow employees.
- Models the CenturyLink Unifying Principles of fairness, honesty and integrity, commitment to excellence, positive attitude, respect , faith and perseverance.
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must have excellent coaching skills and the ability to build employee commitment
- Requires an incredible level of engagement with expectation for long work days.
- The ideal candidate will be available for major network events any time of day or night.
- Demonstrated mastery/expertise and performance within the areas of field operations, Ethernet service delivery, high speed internet and voice installation and repair with special/designed services delivery and cable and fiber maintenance.
- Experience leading a large decentralized organization with management and represented employees
- Expense budget management.
- Experience with process improvement demonstrated by year-over-year metric improvement.
- Demonstrated experience working with the union to foster a relationship characterized by mutual responsibility for efficiency, high service quality and exceptional customer experience.
- Demonstrated highly effective interpersonal skills and ability to work in a consultative manner with others.
- Demonstrated experience in crisis management.
- Demonstrated mastery of written and verbal communications. Will review written examples with resume submission.
- PC and software skills with Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Detailed knowledge in the areas of: network planning, engineering and construction, central office equipment and processes, fiber network and ring topology.
- Excellent financial and data analysis skills with the ability to articulate via Power Point and through oral communication.
- Demonstrated experience with bargaining agreement negotiations.
- Workforce management infrastructure, modeling techniques and tools.
- Experience with WFA-C, WFA-DO, LFACS and the associated work functions.
- Experience in telecommunications engineering & operations including DS1, DS0, DSL and Voice over IP Protocol, Video Digital Subscriber Line and Digital Subscriber Line.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis techniques and tools.
Alternate Location: US-Oregon-Portland
Requisition #: 219411
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website