CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel/VP of Strategic Enterprise, this role has responsibility for managing and handling legal support for one or more regions within CenturyLinks Strategic Enterprise sales channel. This role includes individual responsibility for a high volume of diverse customer contracts supporting CenturyLink Sales executives and personnel within the assigned region(s). The successful candidate will also lead and manage a team of attorneys and contract negotiators/analysts supporting CenturyLink Sales personnel through drafting and negotiating agreements with enterprise customers. Management includes training, guidance, escalation support, back up, streamlining of processes, and workload prioritization. The position will directly support SVP and VP sales leaders and will have occasional contact with CenturyLink top executives.Job Description
- Is accountable for the direction, management and performance of a group within the Legal Department. Analyzes cost effectiveness of activities within that group. Responsible and accountable for resource planning.
- Possesses excellent management and people skills and effectively collaborates across many functional areas within CenturyLink.
- Has a proven consistent track record of excellent judgment and strong legal skills, excellent drafting skills and a deep understanding of the business. Efficiently manages a high volume of more complicated and material deals with urgency and with very limited supervision. Consistently produces work product that demonstrates advanced skills in the following areas; (i) subject matter expertise, (ii) analysis and creativity, (iii) oral and written communications and advocacy, and (iv) client management and acceptance.
- Is perceived by colleagues and clients as one who is mature, leads by example, builds, supports, and leads teams, solves problems, acts as a mentor to junior members of the department, and has high potential to continue to develop.
- Provides legal counsel to the corporation; assesses and effectively manages legal risk; conducts legal analyses; negotiates legal transactions; and advises business units, including their senior leaders, on strategy and potential legal solutions. Handles significant, complex and high-profile legal matters. Proactively identifies issues and suggests and implements solutions. Functions as a strategic partner with business unit and peers to help formulate strategies to promote success and mitigate liabilities.
- J.D. degree and licensed to practice law by the State Bar in the state where the attorney is located
- Generally 12+ years of relevant legal experience
- Experienced in advising all levels of the organization, handling negotiations directly, and solutions-oriented
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition #: 215188
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website