CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Analyst I - Carrier Access Billing
Analyze billing cycles and explain variances to ensure billing accuracy and a positive customer experience. Review billing activity to identify potential issues. Communicate issues and work with other departments to ensure resolution. Coordinate with IT to automate and improve processes. Serve as backup for a variety of other departmental functions.Job Description
- Organize daily activities and complete bill cycle tasks based on billing schedule deadlines.
- Work closely with accounting business partners to ensure accuracy and timeliness of wholesale revenue accounting entries.
- Interface with cross functional teams to ensure proper implementation of tariff changes within the billing system.
- Participate in the implementation of new wholesale products. Drive implementation (often in areas so complex or new there are no established methods to follow).
- Work closely with other departments to resolve complicated billing issues.
- Analyze billing cycle information, identify and research billing fluctuations
- Finalize post-billing activities
- Perform cross functional departmental duties as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or equivalent experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to multi-task.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools.
- Ability to research and explain revenue impacting variances.
- Detail oriented with the ability to organize and set priorities.
- Ability to take initiative, begin projects and complete assignments with minimum supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact well with others.
- Be a team player, optimistic, willing to learn and possess a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools.
- Two or more years of experience in the technology or finance industry.
- Working knowledge of CDG billing system and QlikView.
- Working knowledge of the company's operating and billing procedures.
Alternate Location: US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition #: 214925
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website