CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
This position will be responsible for designing and implementing customer services which include but are not limited to MPLS, VPN, DIA and SD-WAN products. Responsibilities will also include product and systems knowledge related to the activated services, technical validations, pre-testing, troubleshooting, activation and post activation support with customers.The Main Responsibilities
Work with customer to establish technical design requirements
• Design and build customer configurations
• Complete activations for external customers with some oversight.
• Partner with the applicable departments to coordinate installs or post activation issue troubleshooting.
• Proficiently process orders according to service level agreements (SLAs), On-Time Performance objectives and quality standards.
• Proficiently manage the assigned Automatic Call Distribution (ADC) call queue to maintain service level objectives.
• Update all systems and databases with careful attention to detail.
• Provide accurate and consistent internal and external customer communication during established intervals using phone, email, and ticketing notes.
• Develop and maintain close working relationships with key stakeholders to understand evolving issues and requirements, understand upstream and downstream implications and dependencies, ensuring key solutions are executed and properly coordinated.
• Maintain a commitment to safe practices and hold others equally accountable.
• Complete designated amount of work in a specified timeframe with a high degree of quality.
• Efficiently and accurately work with multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Associates degree or equivalent education and relevant experience.
• 2+ years of related experience or equivalent.
• Intermediate knowledge of LAN and WAN Topologies
• Intermediate experience with implementation of MPLS, DIA and IPSec services
• Intermediate experience with network hardware including routers, firewalls, switches, wireless access points
• Experience configuring provider and customer routers and switches
• Understanding of OSI model
• Ability to learn in an 'on-the-job' training environment
• Ability to work all shifts in a 7x24x365 environment
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills
• Experience in LAN and WAN planning, implementation and troubleshooting
• Experience with Meraki and Versa SDWan
• Working knowledge of TDM, Ethernet, VOIP, MPLS, VPN
• Intermediate knowledge of routing protocols BGP and OSPF
• Knowledge of IPSec and VXLAN
• Experience with JunOS, Alcatel/Nokia, Cisco ASR and NXOS
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Oklahoma-Tulsa
Requisition #: 227603
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website