CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
At CenturyLink we are empowering medium/large Enterprises to transform their businesses by leveraging network-powered IT services to meet the everchanging demands of the digital business world. The ideal candidate would bring a hybrid background of Cloud technology & IT infrastructure, Agile IT services and Software-Defined networking. We are seeking a strategic thinker who can help our clients gain desired outcomes for business initiatives using CenturyLink technology solutions. This candidate must seek continuous personal and professional growth while demonstrating a self-motivated desire to exceed sales targets on a consistent basis.The Main Responsibilities
- Responsible for Business Development of medium and large enterprise clients, primarily headquartered in the Detroit/Southfield/Grand Rapids area
- Build and grow strong relationships with new or existing clients based on assigned territory/module
- Identify new sales opportunities through methods of lead generation, on-site meetings, and networking with intent to exceed established sales and revenue quotas
- Create and execute comprehensive account plans and strategies to win business from new clients and grow revenue with existing clients
- Continuous learning of new or evolving technologies and selling points across a broad portfolio of services
- Perform accurate CRM management and forecasting of proposed sales opportunities
- Directs the sales process and internal resources to ensure timely response of client deliverables
• Demonstrate ability to establish and develop successful business relationships from the CxO-level down
• Show awareness of Digital Transformation & Application Development Lifecycle (DevOps, Agile, ITIL, etc)
• Understand business Cloud strategy including Cloud enablement, transition, design & multi-cloud management
• Possess strong Business & Financial acumen
• Be able to manage multiple projects, demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, and deliver timely results
• Simplify complex business or technical conversations & provide insight that compels a client to take action on your recommendation
• Maintain a strong ability to lead and collaborate with a pursuit team & effectively manage resources
• Be committed to the level of Customer Experience required to create referenceable clients
• Show awareness and speak to IT Security & Consulting best practices
• Successfully navigate the IT & Telecom competitive landscape
• 7+ years of industry sales experience.
• Minimum skills required to perform in this role.
• Experience: 7+ yrs industry specific sales experience
• Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
• Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of the telecom industry's competitive landscape.
• Experience with Salesforce.com preferred.
• Demonstrated strong communication, written, and formal presentation skills as well as proficiency in selling to the close.
• Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction.
• Proficient in MS office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Requires at least 50% or more of time conducting sales activities outside of the office.
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete an online assessment immediately after applying. Completion of the online assessment is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the assessment. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Alternate Location: US-Michigan-Detroit; US-Michigan-Grand Rapids
Requisition #: 225395
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website