Our Garden Group, providing sales support and logistics for both proprietary brands and other consumer recognized brands, is searching for a Territory Manager to call on home improvement retailers Lowe's, Home Depot and Walmart in Alexandria, VA. A Territory Manager on the Retail Sales & Service Team is responsible for in-store service execution in a designated number of Lowe's, Home Depot and Walmart accounts in a defined geographic area; implementing service fundamentals and “best practices” for hourly retail Merchandisers and providing management/oversight of direct reports within their assigned and scheduled stores. This position is focused on developing strategies to increase point of sale (POS) for Central Garden products in the designated assigned accounts.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ:CENT and CENTA ), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Please see our website at www.central.com for additional information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Train, motivate and provide leadership to an assigned group of merchandisers
- Managing up to 4-5 full or part time merchandisers and their work schedules
- Conduct store audits to ensure that the fundamentals of merchandising and “best practices” are being implemented
- Developing and maintaining strong business relationships with all levels of account management (Home Depot, Lowe's, Walmart)
- Negotiating additional display space in the stores
- Must be able to manage critical timelines such as Resets, Seed Re-labeling and special projects
- Down stocking and maintaining set integrity for Central Garden grass seed, chemicals, pottery and fertilizers within assigned stores in territory
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- 1-2 years of Retail Merchandising experience preferred
- Retail Merchandising experience in a seasonal category is a plus
- BA/BS degree or an extensive amount of retail merchandising
- Strong communication skills required to interact with store management and direct reports
- Prior experience with maintaining customer relationships is preferred
- Ability to work independently, manage time effectively, multi-task and problem solve
- Strong reading skills required to understand packaging labels and re-tagging projects
- Must be able to bend, pull and lift 50 lbs consistently throughout the course of a work day
- Must be able to climb ladders, use a pallet jack and powered hand tools
- Must have a valid driver's license in the state in which you reside, a good driving record, reliable transportation and proof of current personal car insurance with you listed as an insured driver
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Retail store environment – both in store and garden center
- Work week is Monday - Friday and some weekends during Peak Season (March - June)
- Ability to travel daily and overnight between stores (personal car)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.
Apply on company website