We are searching for an experienced Operations Management Associate for our Greenfield, Missouri location. This position requires qualified candidates to be safety conscious and able to perform required functions in a productive manner, working with tight schedules and deadlines.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ:CENT), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Please visit our website at www.central.com for additional information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Demonstrate competency in each department by understanding the general function, the roles, and the coordination/flow of information within that department.
- Maintain a specific role and be responsible for the day to day duties of that role(s) for a required period.
- Produce specific projects which gain insights into our operational process and strategies
- Use working knowledge of production process, machines and materials to train/evaluate production employees and to determine opportunities to make improvements where appropriate.
- Utilize skills to analyze and implement lean manufacturing and six-sigma principles to streamline and improve the operations efficiencies
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor's degree or experience in related field.
- Prefer recent college graduates.
- Prior manufacturing internship experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices is preferred.
- Strong Leadership skills, self-motivated and able to learn quickly in a fast-paced operation.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong problem solving and/or troubleshooting skills.
- Able to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Full-time position in a warehouse distribution facility.
- Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.Back Share Apply Now
Apply on company website