Come join the team at Kaytee in Chilton, WI, where you have the opportunity to work with products for birds, hamsters, rabbits and other small animals. We offer a clean work environment with free uniforms, onsite fitness center and an onsite Health & Wellness clinic for employees and their families. Other benefits include full medical, dental and vision coverage, free life and disability insurance and a full 3% match on your 401k contributions, along with a yearly profit sharing bonus. We are currently in need of Line Associates on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift. This role is responsible for properly packaging and palletizing product according to company specifications as well as assisting operators with changeovers. If you find your skills match the qualifications we are seeking below we invite you to apply for this position!
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ:CENT and CENTA), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets.
Please see our web site for additional company information – www.central.com
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Package and palletize product according to specifications
- Assist operator with packaging of product; check for quality seals and proper code date placement
- Assist operator with changeover procedures
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly fashion
- Understand and support the goals and objectives of the department
- Comply with all safety rules and company policies
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Responsible for reporting any Food Safety issues to authorized personnel for correction.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- High school diploma preferred
- Must have the ability to bend, twist, turn and climb
- Must have the ability to lift/handle up to 2-30 lbs. on a frequent basis
- Must have the ability to lift/handle 31-60 lbs. on a moderate basis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a safe, efficient, and accurate manner
- Possess solid organizational skills
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Work is performed in a manufacturing/warehouse environment.
- Work temperatures can vary due to outside temperatures.
- Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours (on each respective shift) and average at least 40 hours a week.
- There may be some variation in work hours due to overtime, special projects, deadlines, and other concerns.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.
Apply on company website