Central Garden & Pet is looking for a Corporate Development manager that will be part of a small active group pursuing acquisitions in its core Garden and Pet businesses and in adjacent consumer categories. This individual will work with senior management including the CEO, CFO, and members of the Board of Directors. In this position you will be responsible for creating maintaining valuation models, tracking prospects, preparing industry and company analysis, and preparing written material for evaluating businesses. You will be active in leading the due diligence process for transactions and engaging with potential targets.
A little about us, Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ:CENT and CENTA), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Our office is located just a block from the Pleasant Hill Bart Station and is near great restaurants and the Iron Horse Trail, with a short drive to downtown Walnut Creek. Corporate office employees enjoy a free fitness center, free parking, product discounts, discounted membership at Club Sport and an amazing educational assistance program in addition to great medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. Please see our website at www.central.com for additional company information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
You will evaluate acquisition opportunities and lead cross-functional M&A deal teams including senior members of Central's operations, finance, marketing and legal teams. This role also will research and analyze industries, companies, technology segments and business models.
- Evaluate the merits of complex alternatives and present findings to Central leadership.
- Work closely with internal tax and treasury teams and external advisors to understand various structure and financing option
- Assist in the evaluation and execution of M&A opportunities, financing and other strategic transactions (including analysis of strategic fit, financial modelling, due diligence, valuation, negotiation and execution)
- Identify market opportunities and develop a pipeline of potential acquisition candidates
- Serve as a thought partner and liaison with business partners across Central, ensuring alignment of strategic priorities across organic and inorganic initiatives
- Assist on all aspects of the deal, including sourcing, qualification, initial rationale and pitch, financial modeling, due diligence, closing and integration activities
- Stay apprised of broader industry developments and business performance
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Experience working in corporate development, investment banking, or a private equity firm
- Strong analytical skills, experience performing financial, valuation and broad quantitative analyses, and familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics
- Proven ability to lead and drive complex projects/analyses
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience preparing and presenting information to key decision makers
- M&A background with experience in strategic and creative thinking, due diligence, modeling, negotiating, closing transactions and post-merger integration activities
- Understanding of how to link strategy to implementation / financial plans
- Demonstrated track record as an outstanding critical thinker, problem-solver and team player
- Willingness to embrace unstructured environments and problems
- Occasional travel
- Office environment. Frequent use of PC, phone and office equipment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.
Apply on company website