We are searching for an experienced Coater Operator (2nd and 3rd shift) for our Greenfield, Missouri location. This position requires qualified candidates to be safety conscious and able to perform required functions in a productive manner, working with tight schedules and deadlines.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ:CENT), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Please visit our website at www.central.com for additional information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS / IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Ensure that the seed coating is applied in the correct amounts and that seed is fully coated.
- Mix chemicals as needed using all required safety gear.
- Mix chemicals for other dump stations as needed using all safety gear.
- Mix Myco and Stimulate as needed.
- Keep accurate records of chemicals used.
- Verify paperwork is accurate before it is turned in.
- Make sure that bins, coaters, dryers and conveyance systems are fully clean when changing between different types of seed.
- Clearly mark bin sheets as to what seed is in each one.
- Double check each holding bin before running seed into it and verify that it is ready for new seed. Verify that seed is going to correct bin.
- Keep track of dust bin weight for calculating waste % and track dust control system bags.
- Work closely with production/bagging lines to ensure seed is going to the correct line.
- Spot check the penkote tanks in Small Package and Plant to ensure they have enough chemicals for the shift.
- Keep the work area clean and any spilled seed or chemical cleaned up.
- Direct the assistant operators as needed to keep the production and seed quality at a high level.
- Be able to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Good math skills are needed.
- Good communication skills are needed.
- Forklift certification.
- Must be able to clearly communicate with others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.Back Share Apply Now
Apply on company website