Our Pet Segment is seeking a CDL Driver/Backup Forklift Driver to join the DMC team and support our new Warehouse facility in Corsicana, Texas. We are searching for an experienced candidate, who will transport material by operating a commercial motor vehicle safely and courteously. Please see the job details below for more information.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets. Please see our website for additional company information – www.central.com
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Drives gasoline, diesel powered tractor-trailer combination or straight truck to transport and deliver materials.
- Inspection of vehicle condition to visually assure vehicle is safe and all equipment is working properly, using a vehicle inspection report and documenting its conditions pre and post shift.
- Inspect load to assure it is properly secured and all necessary equipment is safely in place prior to and delivery route.
- Back in drops, pull out full and empty trailers.
- Maintain an accurate daily driving log.
- Maintain good housekeeping; clean truck, sweep and clean up spills.
- Forklift Driver for Warehouse when not occupying CDL position.
- Assist in loading and unloading of materials.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Valid/current CDL required, with demonstrated experience driving / backing tractor-trailer combination.
- Driver's license with excellent driving record, demonstrating safety first.
- Ability to successfully pass road test.
- A DMC certification in forklift driving is required (company will train).
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Ability to communicate with employees in a manner promoting a “team” work environment.
- Must be willing to work overtime and adjust work shift schedule based on business needs.
- There may be some variation in work hours due to overtime, special projects, deadlines, and other concerns.
- Generally, works in exterior environment in all types of varying weather conditions (cold, heat).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.
Apply on company website