DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Cook you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Centerpoint Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
NOW OFFERING $7500 SIGN-ON BONUS TO QUALIFIED CANDIDATES!
At CPMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Paid Personal Leave
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
How we build better communities.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Cook where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Hospital nutrition services ensure that all patients are fed according to their dietary needs and restrictions.
About this unit:
- We are growing our department and looking for dependable and compassionate people to fill our team.
- Opportunities for cross-training
- We use the power of food to improve the well-being of our patients, staff and visitors.
- The job entails preparation of foods served in the hospital.
- Follow recipes and production sheets for types of foods to prepare and amounts needed on daily basis.
- Weighing and measuring of ingredients.
- Labels, dates, and stores food.
- Chops, slices, and mixed food ingredients.
QualificationsWhat Qualifications You Will Need:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year institutional cooking experience or cooking school, or volume restaurant cooking experience.
- Must have knowledge of basic principles of quantity food production.
- Must also possess sufficient mathematical skills to be able to adjust recipes.
- Food Handler Permit within two weeks of hire date.
The Centerpoint hospital features 285 beds, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients.
The award-winning Independence hospital has the area's most-awarded heart program. And with the ER Rapid Care, you receive a level of care completely tailored to the optimal experience for adults or children who are less sick and deserve rapid attention to their illness. And whether you're embracing motherhood, seeking treatment for illness or maintaining wellness, our women's services are, too, tailored around you.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Cook opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website