When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it's just one of the many reasons we've been ranked as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. From working with a team of committed healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself and for others.
Research in the Martins Laboratory focuses on the molecular regulation of immune responses, particularly the mechanisms regulating T lymphocyte function, and we are seeking a passionate and motivated Research Associate I (RAI) to take part in this exciting research!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of routine laboratory tasks and procedures.
- Keep accurate and detailed project records of experiments and results.
- May assist with animal husbandry.
- Maintain lab equipment and related records.
- Transport, process and log samples.
- Maintain computer database with relevant clinical information.
- Perform lab maintenance duties, including glassware cleaning and sterilization.
- Maintain stocks of general lab materials, and place orders for lab equipment and supplies.
- Assist new students and fellows at the laboratory.
- Assist in the operation of specialized equipment and machinery.
- Observe and comply with safety standards and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree in biological sciences
- Understanding of general research objectives
- Working knowledge of database management, personal computers, and presentation and imaging software
- Familiar with routine laboratory procedures and experimental protocols
- Computer skills to include, but not limited to, Excel and Word
Apply on company website