Do you inspire to make a difference every single day?
A true leader aims to inspire—and at Cedars-Sinai, that's exactly what our nurse leaders do. They have a strong combination of clinical skills, management abilities and integrity, and as a result, they play an indispensable role in the success of our organization. We embrace a culture of passion and dedication at Cedars-Sinai, and it's part of the reason we've been named one of the top ten hospitals in America's Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Now we invite you to join us. From working with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have everything needed do something incredible—for yourself, and for others!
8South consists of two 24-bed Surgical units specializing in the care and treatment of adult patients who require hospitalization for pre and post surgical procedures and after trauma injuries. Most cases are colo-rectal, bariatric, urology, plastics, GYN, gender affirming, ENT, oncology and general surgical procedures.
As a Registered Nurse IV on 8South, you will assume the responsibility and accountability for the supervision and application of the nursing process throughout the delivery of patient care.
- You are an expert clinician who demonstrates a high standard of knowledge and expertise in a specialty as well as general nursing.
- You will consistently demonstrate excellence in all areas of nursing practice including nursing care delivery, staff education, research, and collaboration.
- You will manage complex, unpredictable patient care situations and are a nursing leader.
- You will serve as a resource to the nursing staff, the unit, the organization, and the community to promote the advancement of nursing.
- You will apply clinical knowledge regarding standard of care to consolidate interventions for time and cost savings.
- You will demonstrate knowledge of regulatory requirements in patient assignment making delegations of tasks, documentation and oversee care for the delivery team.
- You will demonstrate a dedication of customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
- You will demonstrate leadership through initiative, creativity, critical thinking, and collaboration.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus. See our website for details: http://careers.cedars-sinai.edu/working-here/employee-referralsEducational Requirements:
- BSN or higher required.
- California State RN License
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Certification.
- National Specialty Certification (i.e. CMSRN)
- Minimum of 5 years acute RN experience including 3 years experience in specialty area
- Meets specialty specific clinical competencies for assigned area
- Has maintained satisfactory Clinical Nurse III status for a minimum of one (1) year
- Meets clinical criteria and protocol of Clinical Nurse IV
Apply on company website