Make a difference every single day
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it's just one of the many reasons we've achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence! From working with a team of world-class healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's Best Hospitals!
Nurses on 6SCCT, our 24-bed Cardiac Surgical Intensive Care Unit (CSICU), care for patients who have undergone surgical procedures such as open-heart surgery or heart and/or lung transplant. Our highly qualified healthcare personnel are equipped with highly specialized equipment to provide continuous and intensive monitoring and treatment during the acute phase of recovery following major surgery.
As a Registered Nurse in the CSICU you are responsible and accountable for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care for the specialty patient population. You will also
- provide and accurately document direct and indirect patient care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients in a timely manner
- provide patient education on disease prevention and restorative measures.
- provide administration of medications and therapeutic agents necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or rehabilitative plan of care.
- perform skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the initiation of peripheral venous access.
- observe and assess signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical condition to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics and initiate emergency procedures when indicated.
- plan and implement individualized patient care based on observations. Implements appropriate reporting, referrals and care in accordance with standardized procedures while providing care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- identify patients' readiness for learning and their ability to follow directions/instructions and give consent while identifying and assessing patient safety concerns with respect to age and developmental considerations.
- demonstrate the knowledge and the ability to identify and make special adjustments as required to the specific populations' needs, including cultural, spiritual, age, psychosocial, communication, gender, sexual orientation, economic, education, family and condition needs.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Program bonus. See website for details: http://careers.cedars-sinai.edu/working-here/employee-referrals/Educational Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or higher preferred.
- Current California State RN License required
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support certifications.
- For RN III: Specialty Certification (external applicants may obtain within one year of hire)
- Minimum 3 years recent acute RN experience in specialty. Note: (minimum 1 year recent acute RN experience will be considered for Registered Nurse II)
- Working knowledge of applicable Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrated dedication to customer service and ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
Apply on company website