As a Hospital Epi Surveillance Specialist RN, you will contribute tothe provision of high-quality patient care by promoting and implementinginfection prevention and control practices and compliance with regulatoryagency requirements. Define and provide collaborative actions, evaluate occupational health exposures/issues and assists with the determination ofproper care and planning related to infection prevention and control;participates in the identification, prevention and control of infections bydata collection, surveillance and analysis, development of verbal and writtenreports, educational programs for personnel and patients as needed. Serves as aliaison across department(s) and/or service line(s) and reports communicablediseases as required.
- Performs manualchart review and consistent application of the Center for Disease Control &Prevention (CDC) National Health & Safety Network (NHSN) definitions toidentify and report healthcare associated infections. Reports communicablediseases and supporting laboratory data to the local, state and national healthdepartments as required.
- Monitors dataand notifies department leadership of gaps in processes or trends that requireintervention. Assists with planning, development, implementation, monitoring,evaluation and revision of Infection Prevention and Control Program goals,standards, policies and procedures.
- Monitors andadvises staff of isolation precautions and infection control practices inpatient care areas. Participates in epidemiological investigations ofsignificant clusters of infection above established standards and of unusualisolates as directed by the Infection and Control leadership.
- Conductsinfection control and prevention education to healthcare workers incoordination with unit/department leadership and follows up as needed.
Provides in-service education for the medicalcenter staff, general orientation, annual review, and as needed. Maintainsconfidentiality of patient information and sensitive data.
- Participates inchart review, data collection, and observations for department focused studies,research, and test of change initiatives. Participates in the development andreview of Infection Prevention and Control Standards of Care, Policy andProcedures for assigned areas.
- Conductsrounding on unit/departments to perform direct observations of infectionprevention measures & compliance among healthcare workers and physicians.Facilitates meeting applicable regulatory requirements through monitoring andreporting infection trends in the acute, ambulatory and other care settings.
- Maintainson-going communications and cooperative relationships with medical centercommittees and external agencies.
- Collaborates toproblem solve and make decisions to achieve desired outcomes.
- Establisheseffective working relationships with cross-functional team(s).
- Identifies andresponds appropriately to both internal and external customer needs utilizingavailable resources.
- Respondstimely, effectively and appropriately to deliverables.
- Sharesknowledge, time and expertise to assist other members of the team.
- Cultivates andmaintains strong customer relationships and rapport with stakeholders and/orclient groups.
- Ensurespractices and procedures are inclusive of interpersonal and cultural diversity.
- Represents thecompany with external constituents.
#Jobs-Glassdoor #Jobs-Indeed #Jobs-NHCN #Jobs-HERC #Jobs-LinkedIn
- Associate's inNursing required
- Bachelor ofScience in Nursing preferred
- 3 years nursingexperience in acute or clinical setting
Apply on company website