Every Connection. Every Support. Everything We Have.
A true leader aims to inspire—and at Cedars-Sinai, that's exactly what our Nurse Managers do. They've got a strong combination of clinical skills, management abilities, and professionalism, and they devote every ounce of their hearts to all that they do here. This culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it's one of the many reasons we've earned a five-time Magnet designation. So if you're passionate about leading an excellent team at a world-class, 852-bed teaching and research facility, we invite you to bring your talents to Cedars-Sinai. Come discover for yourself why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's Best Hospitals.
Are you ready to make a difference?
The Associate Director reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the daily planning, organizing, directing, and controlling of the daily operations and clinical practice for Labor and Delivery/MFCU.
As the Associate Director,
- You will be responsible for the daily twenty-four (24) hour planning, organizing, directing and controlling of the daily operations and clinical practice of assigned patient care areas, in order to provide quality, individualized patient care and support of Medical Center philosophies.
- You will assume fiscal responsibility through preparation of unit budgets, serves as liaison with medical staff and other personnel, promotes the maximum growth and development of each employee, supports research, participates in strategic planning, both long and short term, and assures patient advocacy.
- You are accountable to the Service Line Executive Director.
- You will maintain competency skills including the ability to deliver care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- You are able to identify the ability of the adolescent, adult and geriatric patients to follow direction/instructions and give consent.
- You can identify safety concerns and institute measures to provide a safe environment and provide appropriate assessment, intervention and evaluation of patients with consideration of developmental milestones in the adolescent, adult and geriatric patient population.
- You will be responsible for assuring staff competency in provision of age related patient care.
- BSN Degree and MSN Degree required
- A valid California Registered Nurse license required
- BLS Certification required
- ACLS Certification Preferred
- Specialty certification required or obtain within 1 year, leadership certification preferred
- 8+ years experience with minimum of 5 years management experience in specialty(Labor and Delivery) required.
- Meets specialty specific clinical competencies for assigned area
Apply on company website