The Proctor monitors tests (or exams) administered through the Division of Workforce Partnerships. This position is responsible for providing extraordinary customer service to students and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Understand the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and adhere to CCRI's policies and procedures for providing testing accommodations.
• Secure or provide oversight of the test and any associated materials at all times – before, during and after the exam.
• Maintain efficient and effective coordination and communication with Division staff.
• Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
• Work collaboratively with others in a diverse and inclusive environment.
Prior to the Exam:
• Prepare the examination room and test materials before examinees arrive.
• Ensure that the testing environment is suitable, which can include proper spacing of seats, designating areas for bags or coats and setting the right room temperature.
• Knowledge of the materials or equipment test takers may use during the testing period.
• Understand the rules and regulations of the exam to enforce them effectively.
• Accurately identify the student through the appropriate verification process.
During the Exam:
• Distribute test papers and other applicable materials, and read all instructions to inform the examinees about guidelines and the consequences of breaking them.
• Provide supervision of students and testing conditions to protect the integrity of the test.
• Eliminate distractions to ensure the testing environment allows examinees to concentrate.
• If applicable, indicate the time remaining so examinees can allocate their time wisely.
After the Exam:
• Advise students in understanding of test results.
• Complete any required administrative duties related to reporting test results.
Apply on company website