Womens Health GYN Advanced Provider Opportunity located in picturesque Upstate New York. Join an Integrated, Innovative, Independent Provider Lead Health Care System with Excellent Quality of Life.
This is a full time, health system employed Physician Assistant position with a competitive base salary and incentives. We have a full complement of medical and surgical sub-specialty service lines to support our growing healthcare network including ample support from advanced providers, nursing and support staff. Cayuga Medical Center is also home to an Internal Medicine residency program.
Purpose: The purpose of this job is to assist the physicians of the practice with primary care clinical activities, surgeries and other direct patient care including diagnostic, therapeutic and preventative care. Physician Assistants work under the direct supervision of practice MD's.
Essential Job Functions:
In collaboration with our physicians/medical director, assumes clinical responsibility for tasks performed within Nurse Practitioner's/Physician Assistant's scope of practice. Including:
- Perform patient history and physical examinations and evaluate new patients
- Collaborate with attending physicians
- Order, and interpret laboratory and radiology tests
- Prescribe medication, including controlled substances as delegated in collaborative practice agreement
- Document assessment, management, and education clearly, concisely, and legibly within medical record
- Communicate pertinent findings to collaborating physician(s) in a timely manner
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with patient and significant others to provide feedback regarding findings and treatment plan
- Follow up on treatment plans
- Follow up after procedures performed
- Assess the patient and significant other's psychosocial, emotional and environmental needs
- Consult other health care team members in collaboration with physician to meet physician needs, while ensuring continuity of care
- Handle patient questions via phone and electronically
- Coordinate patient care activities with other members of the office, hospital, or community
- Provide education to patient, families and community groups
- Participate in completion of disability forms, school forms, DMV forms, etc
- Utilize research and evidence based practice to guide decision making
- Demonstrate compliance with documentation and coding requirements
- Maintain and update skills and knowledge
- Works with all members of the team to achieve patient centered care as well as quality care by using the best practice standards and case management
- Contributes to scheduled team meetings to discuss /clarify roles, responsibility, processes, and patient issues.
- Provide care management by communicating with community agencies as appropriate
- Participates in quality improvement activities and committees.
- Hospital rounds to support the needs of the practice
- On-call duties including emergency call and telephone call, to support the needs of the practice
Apply on company website