Neurology Medical Director of Stroke/Neurology, Buffalo, NY
Mercy Hospital of Buffalo in Western New York has an opening for Medical Director of Stroke/Neurology Care at the Comprehensive Stroke Center. The Medical Director of Stroke/Neurology Care at Mercy Hospital is a full-time physician leadership role in which the physician also has clinical responsibilities in the practice of stroke care medicine for inpatient services.
The Medical Director will lead and manage physicians and advanced practice practitioners specific to the area. As a leader, the physician will be expected to model collaboration, stability and patience with all staff.
In addition to the leadership role, the physician will provide clinical services as a Stroke Care Provider in the treatment and management of stroke patients. Overall responsibility is to provide an optimal care environment that will both preserve function and allow the best chance for recovery to occur. The physician will participate in the continuum of care for patients from ER into ICU/Step down and /or med/surg floor and discharge. Central to this role is the oversight and teaching of all advanced practice practitioners, providers, fellows, medical residents, nursing and ancillary staff.
KEY JOB FEATURES
- Full Time
- Employed - Hospital
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and provides direction to the Comprehensive Stroke Center and oversees the systems and programs that are involved in stroke care.
- Provides leadership and drives program development to maintain TJC Comprehensive Stroke Center accreditation.
- Coordinates and provides direction to the facility's stroke care team including communication and coordination with the medical staff, quality, nursing and others as appropriate by providing accurate and timely information and written communication
- Provides accurate and timely clinical data to appropriate committees or groups and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Participates in and provides support to the clinical peer review process for neuroscience patients through accurate and timely chart review and documentation, follow up with specific physicians and development of focus studies as needed
- Acts as a resource with regulatory agencies and makes recommendations for compliance and maintains mandatory documentation as required
Positions the facility as the areas comprehensive stroke service and assumes leadership role in TJC National Comprehensive Stroke Center Forum. Examples include:
- Participation in clinical research and the development and implementation of evidence-based approaches to care
- Leads the development of key indices to assess the effectiveness and outcome of the care provided throughout the continuum of care.
- Serves as Medical Liaison to the Catholic Health System Primary Stroke Centers,
- Serves as Medical Liaison and resource to the transferring community hospitals
- Serves as Medical Liaison and resource to Emergency Medical Service
- Completion of Residency in Neurology
- Completion of Fellowship in Vascular neurology preferred
- Board certified in Vascular Neurology
- Current licensure and registration as a physician in New York State
- Minimum five years of experience as a stroke provider is preferred
- Minimum three years leadership experience in stroke center setting is preferred
- The candidate must have current, unrestricted federal, and as needed, state prescriptive authority.
- EPIC EMR experience preferred
MERCY HOSPITAL OF BUFFALO
Established in 1904, Mercy Hospital of Buffalo is a tertiary care center that offers the highest level of stroke and heart care. It is accredited by the Joint Commission to treat the most complex stroke cases, and the hospital houses the Catholic Health Heart Center, providing a full range of cardiac care services including heart surgery. Mercy Hospital serves as a Joint Commission-accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center with physician experts and capabilities to diagnose and treat the most complex stroke cases with Neuro critical care in house 24/7 and Neuroendovascular and Neurosurgery services on site. The hospital is also home to the state-of-the-art Mercy Emergency Center featuring 32 private treatment rooms and a rooftop heliport. Mercy Hospital of Buffalo also has the Family BirthPlace providing a full spectrum of maternity/child services and a neonatal intensive care unit.
Work in top rated facility:
- Mercy received theNational Research Corporation(NRC Health) Excellence Award for Large Hospitals 300+ beds (over 700 hospitals in that category). The reward is given to organizations for their commitment to enhancing care experiences.
- Mercys critical care nursing team earned the Beacon Award for Excellence by theAmerican Association of Critical Care Nurses(AACN).
- Mercy Hospital of Buffalo is anJACHO Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- Mercy Hospital is aStroke Gold Plus Quality facility per the American Stroke Association/American Heart Association
- Mercy Hospital is a 5 Star Hospital for the treatment of Respiratory Failure
- Mercy Hospital of Buffalo received theAmerican College of Cardiology Platinum Achievement Award
- Is an integrated health organization serving the Western New York area from the Canadian border to the Pennsylvania State Line
- Offers care from over 70 locations, including 5 hospitals
- Provides acute, outpatient, ancillary, cardiac, vascular, womens and orthopedic care
- Has over 8000 employees
- Has over 1500 affiliated physicians
WESTERN NEW YORK
Buffalo is located in Western New York State and is a beautiful waterfront city that offers all four seasons with numerous outdoor recreational activities and an active lifestyle all year round. Buffalo and Western New York provide many of the large city amenities such as theater, great food, excellent schools, great cultural events, without being encumbered by high costs, traffic and overcrowding. It is currently experiencing a rebirth and revitalization, which has changed the landscape as well as the opportunities for fun.
1. Is #10 in the USA for least expensive places to live.
2. Has an average commute of 20 minutes.
3. Enjoy 24 performance Theaters
4. Browse over 40 Museums
5. Boasts an amazing Olmsted Park System
6. Has incredible architecture
7. Features outstanding quality restaurants, with strong variety and easily accessible.
8. Has over 100 direct flights daily for easy travel.
9. Has only 4.25 hours of ground stop annually at the Airport.
10. Is the City of Good Neighbors.
No solicitations from third-party recruitment firms (retained and contingency) and locums companies.
Neurology – Medical Director of Stroke/Neurology, Buffalo, NY Mercy Hospital of Buffalo in Western New York has an op...
Apply on company website