Medical Director, Cardiac Electrophysiology
Trinity Medical Cardiology is seeking a Medical Director of Cardiac Electrophysiology. This Medical Director is subject to the direction of the Chief of Cardiology. The high-level responsibilities and expectations of the Cardiac Electrophysiology Medical Director are outlined below and may change from time to time. Additional specific performance goals may be agreed upon with the designated departments chair, associate chair(s), and/or chief(s).
The Medical Director must demonstrate an appropriate level of experience and training, preferably five years post fellowship training, with a proven track record of personal excellence in all aspects of clinical electrophysiology, including atrial fibrillation ablation, other complex ablation procedures, and device implantation.
The Medical Director will be responsible for implementing measures to achieve and maintain compliance with the standards for all services provided, including compliance, outcomes, quality control and quality of care and appropriateness of care provided.
The Medical Director responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing an evidence-based care delivery model that yields top performance in outcomes and reputation within 5 years
- Responsibility for the management of clinical, teaching, research, and administrative activities of the staff members assigned to the EP Cardiology sub-section within the Division of Cardiology
- Compliance with all facility policies/procedures/protocols and reviewing and updating all manuals periodically as necessary working with the Director of Clinical Cardiac Services and the Manager of Invasive Cardiology.
- Providing oversight and documentation of comprehensive Quality Improvement (QI) Program.
- Coordinating and communicating with other physicians in the community, both internal and outside of Catholic Health, regarding program needs, emergency room cases, as well as the needs and expectations of referring physicians.
- Establishing guidelines for call schedules, need for resources, and quality concerns.
- Conducting chart reviews in preparation for EP PI meeting based on best available standards of care
- Sustaining physician productivity and optimizing workload capture in order to support section resource requirements
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Medicine
- Completion of Fellowship in Electrophysiology
- CPR Certified
- ACLS Certified
- Meets eligibility for licensure and registration as a physician in New York state
- Minimum five years of experience as an electrophysiologist provider is preferred
- Minimum three years leadership experience is preferred
- The candidate must have current, unrestricted federal, and as needed, state prescriptive authority.
- EPIC EMR experience preferred
Medical Director, Cardiac ElectrophysiologyTrinity Medical Cardiology is seeking a Medical Director of Cardiac Electroph...
Apply on company website