Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: WA > TACOMA > FRANCISCAN ADMIN CNTR BROADWAY
Shows mastery level skills in several BI related functions. Leads and facilitates the creation and ongoing support of enterprise data/information solutions via the Agile Scrum development methodology. Transforms business needs into tangible value-driven solutions. Translates requirements into technical procedures, triages customer inquiries and tracks issues, researches and analyzes data flows and relationships, develops technical solutions (break-fixes, enhancements), and applies a high standard of quality assurance.Responsibilities
- Provides technical direction and process direction, estimates LOE, and develops, designs, enabling reliable, high quality and scalable solutions.
- Works closely with senior level BI team, executive sponsors, and BI leadership to develop products and services
- Engages customers to understand and resolve solution inquiries, potential data issues, and fulfill development requests
- Leads user story development and identifies value driven acceptance criteria, while ensuring solutions are testable, and supportable.
- Provides accurate estimates for all works tasks assigned
- Shows mastery skills in data analysis (reactive) and QA testing/profiling (proactive) to assess the quality of Bi data repositories an solutions
- Develops and tests technical solutions for break-fix and minor enhancements (ETL, DML, Report, Dashboard)
- Leads quality assurance process through use of unit testing, data testing, and user acceptance testing
- Trains and develops staff members, increasing business/technical ability
- Excels at process re-engineering and improvement
- Follows Agile Methodology process and is proficient in the use of time-tracking tools, issue logs, and documentation templates
- Understands the value each initiative brings to the business and can articulate value proposition to team members and BI leadership
- Keeps current with available technology to support and deliver BI solutions
Skills, Requirements and Certifications
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related technical field required, Masters degree preferred
- 5-7 years experience in a Data Warehouse environment supporting or developing high-value BI solutions
- Independent BI professional with proven ability to seamlessly integrate into a high performing team
- Agile Scrum development methodology experience required, notably around writing and/or translating user stories
- MS T-SQL Query, MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio skills required
- Applied knowledge of of multidimensional and normalized database design.
- Advanced Microsoft SQL skills
- Applied experience with ETL Development Tools (Informatica, SSIS, etc.).
- Applied experience using ad-hoc query tools and data visualization products (Business Objects, SSRS, Qlik Sense, Power Pivot or other)
- Strong understanding of data (aging, cleansing, transactional v. historical, metadata, etc.)
- Strong communication and meeting facilitation skills
- Strong written skills (software documentation, SBAR, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the provider-based healthcare industry strongly preferred
- Follow enterprise architecture to ensure best tools and techniques are being used in managing data within the warehouse
- Coordinate with BI management on continuous improvement opportunities and ideas
- Works with Agile Team to set priorities to resolve internal and external data quality issues, while supporting development efforts
- Interacts with Team members, customers and users to provide support and input on potential solutions that add value.
- Provides feedback to BI leadership on user satisfaction and issues with data warehouse environment
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0233272
- Schedule: Full-time
- Market: Catholic Health Initiatives - National Office
Apply on company website