Facility: Harrison Medical Center
Department: Food & Nutrition Services
Location: Bremerton, WA
Status: Per Diem
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach — physical, emotional, and spiritual — is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
Provides professional dietitian services (nutritional status, needs assessment, planning, counseling and education) for individuals and groups. Provides nutritional education to the medical and general community via educational forums and in-house nutritional educational materials.
Work requires knowledge of clinical nutrition as it relates to disease states in an acute care and/or outpatient setting, sanitation and infection control as it relates to food service delivery. Knowledge of appropriate charting, documentation and HIPAA regulations is also required.
- Performs nutritional screening on all patients, using Nutrition Assignment tool or appropriate methods per department standards.
- Develops, maintains, and modifies patient's nutrition care plan per department standards.
- Implements the delivery of nutritional care plan to patients, delegating and assigning tasks to other care team members per departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides nutritional counseling and education to individuals and groups.
- Completes all required documentation in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner in accordance with FHS standards and procedures.
Bachelor's degree in Nutrition and Dietetics. Completion of internship, traineeship, or coordinated undergraduate program with consequential qualification for dietetic registration that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities required. One year experience in clinical dietetics in an acute care setting preferred.
- Current licensure through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics as a Registered Dietitian is required.
- Certification by the State of Washington as a Certified Dietitian (CD) is required within 90 days of employment.
- Membership in the American Dietetic Association is preferred.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0258055
- Schedule: Per Diem
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI-Franciscan Harrison Medical Center
Apply on company website