CarePartners is currently seeking Personal Support Workers (internal reference: Community Support Worker) for community work in our Personal Support and Homemaking program. We are looking for energetic and dedicated Personal Support Workers to help clients in our community, with activities of daily living.
We are presently hiring for eShift Support Workers to care for clients receiving palliative care. This unique collaborative team will be a joint effort between the eShift Support Worker and specially trained nurses. eShift Support Worker's provide care to clients in their own homes supported through technology by registered staff. CarePartners will be providing palliative care education specific to this position, as well as a very comprehensive, fully paid orientation program.
8 to 12 hours shifts including Nights; must be available to work overnight shifts and every other weekend
PSWs, Palliative and/or Paediatrics hired for the South West division may be scheduled to work anywhere in Oxford County.
- The eShift Support Worker delivers palliative care to clients within their own home
- This is an integrated approach to palliative care which facilitates a direct link of communication between a nurse (via laptop) and the eShift Support Worker (via iphone/Cell/Blackberry) throughout their shift
- These tools are provided to both the nurse and enhanced support workers by the agency
- Sensitive, individualized and proactive care is fundamental to the care that is provided to the clients
- A significant component of the responsibilities expected from the eShift Support Worker will be to assist and support the client's family
- Personal Support Worker certification is required
- A minimum of 3 years' experience
- Certification in palliative care an asset
- Passion for providing holistic, sensitive, individualized care to clients at end of life
- Comfort in using technology such as a cellphone, iPhone or Blackberry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort with providing care to clients in their own homes - previous experience an asset
- Ability to work collaboratively with nurses, as part of a team, is crucial
- Ability to work independently, yet take direction, is essential
- Must have a valid drivers' license and/or access to reliable transportation means
CarePartners welcomes and encourages applicants from people with disabilities, accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
To apply please email Recruiter.Caitlyn@carepartners.ca
Apply to this job