Come grow with us! As a proud leader in home health care in Ontario, we are currently seeking energetic and dedicated Personal Support Workers to join our team in the Kitchener area!
In partnership with the Waterloo Wellington LHIN (WW LHIN) and a Kitchener-based facility, CarePartners will be introducing a Transitional Care Program to assist patients transitioning out of hospital into home and community care through a collaborative model of care.
As a result, we have openings for full time and part time Personal Support Workers. These are temporary 1-year contract positions with the potential to become permanent. The PSW will work on an interdisciplinary team to support patients.
The Transitional Care program will offer a safe community-based transitional environment where patients will be supported in achieving or maintaining optimum functioning while awaiting their next care destination either private retirement home, or long-term care. The program's aim is to provide short-term transitional care with an estimated length of stay of 45 days.
YOU SUPPORT THE PATIENT BY:
- Assisting with activities of daily living such as personal care (rise and retire), assistance with household tasks, respite care, medication assist, special functions
- Promote a safe environment for both the patient and employee by demonstrating proper body mechanics, safe transfer techniques and home safety
- Provide cognitive, social and/or emotional support to the client
- Prepare nutritious, varied and economical meals and snacks, including special diets, as determined by the care plan, and use proper food preparation, storage and hygiene practices
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible hours and diverse assignments
- Total rewards program which includes benefit package
- Competitive wages
- Paid orientation and preceptorship
- Opportunities for continuing education, training
- Access to group discount programs, which includes exclusive discounts from various retail companies
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Leadership support 24/7
- A strong desire and commitment to making a difference in the lives of our patients
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Availability to work non-traditional hours such as early morning, evenings and alternate weekends
- Current immunization record (within last 12 months)
- A valid driver's license and vehicle
- Current vulnerable sector check screening
- Valid Certificate as a Personal Support Worker, PA+2, Health Care Aids with grand-parented status, Nursing students (completed year 1)
CarePartners welcomes and encourages applicants from people with disabilities, accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
To apply please email Recruiter.Biljana@CarePartners.ca
Apply to this job