Are you ready to make your contribution to health care? Do you want to make an impact in the lives of patients needing compassionate, thoughtful and professional care?
As an integral part of the health care team, you will encourage, support and promote independence for patients in home and community care settings by assisting with activities of daily living under the supervision of our Personal Support Manager.
We continue to deepen our presence throughout Ontario and require energetic, dedicated Community Support Workers (CSWs) to help us provide patient and family-centered care in the Dufferin County area (including Caledon, Caledon Village, Orangeville, Shelburne, Grand Valley).
In addition to being a frontline hero during one of the most challenging health care events in recent history, we are offering the following incentives to qualified candidates:
- An extra $3.00 temporary government wage enhancement, on top of existing hourly wages.
- A $750 payment for a CSW with a PSW certificate, with payments of $250* after 3 months of work and $500* after 12 months of work; or
- A $500 payment for a CSW without a PSW certificate, with payments of $250* after 3 months of work and $250* after 12 months of work.
*less usual statutory deductions
YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT BY:
- Assisting with activities of daily living such as personal care (rise and retire), assistance with household tasks, respite care, medication assistance, special functions
- Promoting a safe environment by demonstrating proper body mechanics, safe transfer techniques and home safety
- Providing cognitive, social and/or emotional support to the patient
- Preparing nutritious, varied and economical meals and snacks, including special diets, as determined by the care plan, using proper food preparation, storage and hygiene practices.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Competitive Wages, Incentives and Perks
- Competitive wage grid $17.17 to $19.32 per hour PLUS $3.00 hourly temporary wage enhancement
- A special $750 or $500 incentive for signing on with CarePartners
- PAID MILEAGE at $0.38 per/km PLUS, paid travel time
- Paid orientation and hands-on mentoring
- Access to group discount programs, including exclusive discounts from various retailers
Safety and Personal Wellness
- During the pandemic, full personal protective equipment in identified “hot zones” and ongoing support and safety protocols designed to protect you and your patients
- Total rewards program which includes benefit package
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family members
- A COVID-19 hotline, to answer your questions and concerns
Personal and Professional Support
- Flexible hours and diverse assignments to suit your busy life
- Thoughtful scheduling by location, respecting your time
- Opportunities for continuing education and training
- Leadership support 24/7
- A strong desire and commitment to making a difference in the lives of our patients
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Availability to work non-traditional hours, such as early morning, evenings and alternate weekends
- Current immunization record (within last 12 months)
- A valid driver's license and vehicle
- Current vulnerable sector check screening
- Valid Certificate as a Personal Support Worker, Health Care Aid, Developmental Support Worker, Home Support Worker Level 2 or 3, or enrollment in a Nursing program
CarePartners promotes and facilitates, as appropriate, the immunization of employees in order to provide a safe working environment for its employees, to deliver safe care to patients and to fulfill its commitment to evidence- based health promotion. In accordance with Public Health and Government directives CarePartners has implemented safety protocols to prevent the spread of infectious diseases such as COVID-19. All employees will be required to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment as directed by CarePartners and mandated by public health authorities. All new hires of CarePartners are required at this time to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with our policies and procedures.
CarePartners welcomes and encourages applicants from people with disabilities. Candidates can request accommodations at any time in the hiring process.
To apply please email Recruiter.Tristan@CarePartners.ca
CAREPARTNERS IS IN YOUR COMMUNITY
In addition to providing home-based personal support, rehabilitation and therapy, nursing and palliative care across Ontario, CarePartners also serves the community through clinics, transitional care units, and provides relief in nursing homes and shared care settings.
Through our outreach program, we've been organizing medical care and clinics in countries with poor access to health care since 2009.
Apply to this job