Are you interested in a career as a Personal Support Worker (PSW) with CarePartners? In partnership with local colleges and the South West Local Health Integration Network, paid placement opportunities are now available within the Grey Bruce county including the cities: Owen Sound, Kincardine, Hanover, Lion's Head and surrounding areas for the upcoming PSW program at Conestoga College, Lambton College, Georgian College and Fanshawe College!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive wages;
- Paid orientation and in-services;
- Mobile devices;
- Uniform allowance;
- Health and dental benefits;
- LifeWorks: Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Perkopolis (access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and local businesses)
- Mileage: paid at $0.37 per/km PLUS paid travel time
- Supportive, collaborative team environment;
- Leadership support 24/7
AS A PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER, YOU WILL:
- Provide one-on-one personal care to patients in the community setting;
- Ensure a safe environment for both the patient and worker by utilizing proper body mechanics and transfer techniques in order to carry out safe lifts and/or transfers;
- Provide cognitive, social and/or emotional support to the patient;
- Assist with activities of daily living while promoting patient independence;
- Prepare nutritious, varied and economical meals and snacks, including special diets for the patient as determined by the care plan, and use proper food preparation, storage and hygiene practices;
- Compassionate, talented individuals who have a desire to assist and promote independence to patients in their own homes;
- Available for non-traditional hours, including evenings and alternate weekends;
- Must have a reliable vehicle and driver's license;
- Updated immunization record, clear Criminal Background Check and Vulnerable Sector Check is required upon hire.
CarePartners promotes and facilitates, as appropriate, the immunization of employees in order to provide a safe working environment for its employees, to deliver safe care to patients and to fulfill its commitment to evidence- based health promotion. In accordance with Public Health and Government directives CarePartners has implemented safety protocols to prevent the spread of infectious diseases such as COVID-19. All employees will be required to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment as directed by CarePartners and mandated by public health authorities. All new hires of CarePartners are required at this time to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with our policies and procedures.
To learn more about the important role that PSWs play in our healthcare system, please check out this video:
PSW Appreciation Video
CarePartners welcomes and encourages applicants from people with disabilities, accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
To apply please email Recruiter.Lisa@carepartners.ca
Apply to this job