CarePartners is one of the largest home health care providers in Ontario and provides services for all 14 Home and Community Care Support Services (HCCSS) and for patients and caregivers across Ontario in homes, schools, clinics, retirement homes and long-term care facilities. As a progressive and creative organization, CarePartners is proud to be a leader in developing innovative programs to meet the changing needs of our patients, caregivers and the health care system.
We are currently looking for someone to join our team in the role of Payroll Manager. This position is based out of our corporate office located in Kitchener, ON, with remote working options also available.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Payroll Manager, manages the team and full cycle payroll processes, ensuring accurate, confidential and timely payments and related reporting. The Manager develops and initiates plans of action to support CP's strategic objectives, internal controls and efficient processes across the organization. Oure ideal candidate will have solid experience leading payroll processes, an enthusiastic go-getter attitude, with a strong focus on customer service.
CarePartners offers a competitive compensation program, including tuition assistance, a variety of on-site-in service training, a comprehensive benefits package, and the opportunity for professional growth! We are innovators and partners seeking to make a positive difference in the lives of the people that we serve. We are Looking for a leader who equally shares our passion, whilst balancing lifestyle and career goals!
- Manages and provides leadership to the operational aspects of payroll including the development and management of payroll systems, processes, ensuring a high degree of accuracy in transactions and processing.
- Communicates regularly with internal and external customers resolving issues to ensure excellent customer service.
- Monitors key indicators in the payroll processes, identifying areas for improvement and in consultation with internal customers, implements corrective action.
- Oversees all government reporting and is responsible for accurate reporting of payroll liabilities such as employee federal and provincial income taxes, employment insurance, workplace safety insurance, unions, benefit and pension payments.
- Responsible for leading, supporting and training payroll staff including prioritizing workload, providing feedback and addressing and resolving all payroll related issues in a timely, effective manner.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge of payroll and payroll related legislation.
- Implement contract changes in payroll system.
- Key contact for payroll during year-end audit.
- Ensures compliance with internal controls, government rules and regulations. Maintains the data integrity of the payroll business systems and the appropriate audit requirements.
- Directly supervises Payroll Administrators; inclusive of hiring, training mentoring and performance management.
- Other duties as assigned
- 7+ years related work experience in large (4,000+ employees) payroll environment (unionized preferred).
- Canadian Payroll Manager Certification.
- Successful completion of a business administrative or accounting diploma or related discipline from a recognized community college/university.
- Solid comprehension and understanding of payroll legislated requirements and working within the requirements of collective agreements for payroll purposes
- Strong HRIS and payroll systems experience (Sage preferred).
- Experience in managing payroll staff, with the ability to supervise, delegate, motivate and lead departmental work teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel at an advanced level and demonstrated ability to produce high quality reports.
- Proficiency in Word at an intermediate level preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build, establish and maintain collaborative, service-oriented relationships with the payroll team, internal and external stakeholders.
To apply please email Recruiter.Lindsay@carepartners.ca
CAREPARTNERS IS IN YOUR COMMUNITY
In addition to providing home-based personal support, rehabilitation and therapy, nursing and palliative care across Ontario, CarePartners also serves the community through clinics, transitional care units, and provides relief in nursing homes and shared care settings. Since 2009, through our outreach program, we're also proud to work in collaboration with international agencies to organize medical care and clinics in countries with poor access to health care. We seek to live our values at home and abroad, supporting the health of communities with purpose and passion.
CarePartners welcomes and encourages applicants from people with disabilities, accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
Apply to this job