CarePartners is currently seeking Personal Support Workers (internal reference: Community Support Worker) for our NEW in-home virtual hospice and e-Homecare program.
We are looking for energetic and dedicated Personal Support Workers to help patients in our community, with activities of daily living. You will help provide palliative and complex care. You will provide care to patients in their own homes, working collaboratively with specially trained nurses who will assist you through supportive technology.
CarePartners will be providing education specific to eHomeCare, as well as a comprehensive, fully paid orientation.
Overnight 8 hour shifts!
This position is eligible for the $3.00 wage enhancement.
YOU SUPPORT THE PATIENT BY:
- Delivering care and support to patients and their families in their own home
- Providing quality, integrated care through direct communication between a nurse via laptop/tablet and the eHomeCare Support Worker via smartphone throughout their shift
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive wage grid from $17.17 to $19.32 per hour
- Opportunity for guaranteed hours and pay, regardless of patient load
- An additional premium of 50 cents for all hours providing direct patient care within the eHomeCare program
- Flexible hours and diverse assignments
- Total rewards program which includes benefit package
- Paid orientation and preceptorship
- Technology and communication tools to enable integrated work with the nurse
- Opportunities for continuing education and training
- Access to group discount programs, which includes exclusive discounts from various retail companies
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Leadership support 24/7
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Experience as a PSW is an asset
- Education in palliative care an asset
- Passion for providing holistic, sensitive, individualized care to patients at end of life
- Comfort in using technology such as a smartphone
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort with providing care to patients in their own homes - previous experience an asset
- Ability to work collaboratively with nurses, as part of a team, is crucial
- Ability to work independently, yet take direction, is essential
- Must have a valid drivers' license and/or access to reliable transportation means
CarePartners welcomes and encourages applicants from people with disabilities, accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
To apply please email Recruiter.Gillian@carepartners.ca
Apply to this job