PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works in collaboration with the Safety, Health, Abilities and Wellness team, Regional Operations and Managers in the review, development and implementation of health and safety policies and procedures.
- Develops and leads health and safety projects and training sessions to ensure legislative compliance.
- Provides guidance and direct support in the completions of: workplace safety inspections, hazard risk assessments, accident reviews, Joint Workplace Health and Safety Committees meetings and incident investigations.
- Advises and coaches managers/designates on OHS compliance, and OHS best practices.
- Communicates OHS performance reports and introduces new application skills ex: virtual delivery.
- Provides operational support in the implementation of OHS on a provincial scale and branch continuous improvement plans and corrective actions.
- Contributes to a healthy and safe working environment.
- The minimum qualifications for this position are College/University degree in Health and Safety, or a related field and between three to six years' experience in OH&S practices, or some combination education and service.
- Demonstrated experience or background in OH&S management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office are a requirement.
- Knowledge of the injury database systems is considered an asset.
- Superior organizational and time management abilities.
- Problem solver.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrated knowledge/understanding of employment-related legislation, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act are considered an asset.
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Health and Safety Management is an asset.
- Experience in a unionized setting would be an asset.
- Ability to travel throughout Ontario to local branches, as required.
- Flexibility to be home based – able to work remotely (within Ontario).
CarePartners welcomes and encourages applicants from people with disabilities, accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
To apply please email a copy of your resume to Recruiter.Kayleigh@CarePartners.ca
Apply to this job