CarePartners is currently seeking Community Resource Facilitator for community work in our Personal Support and Homemaking program. We are looking for energetic and dedicated Personal Support Workers with a Recreation Background to help clients in our community, with activities of daily living, daily programming and community outreaches. This position requires someone to perform programing, exercise programs and activity setting.
PART-TIME vacancy, 20hrs/week!
- Designs programs based on identification of community gaps and client identified individual need/interest
- Ensures program design is grounded in best practice and outcomes achieved in similar jurisdictions
- Ensures programs are flexible, provide variety and can be modified to respond to changing needs over time
- Provides mentorship to personal support staff and assists with personal care to IALP patients as required
- Identifies to the IALP LHIN Care Coordinator other potential residents who may benefit from the IALP Program
- Supports PSW staff and patients regarding safe use of key lock boxes
- Ensures IALP Program Profile Forms are maintained and regularly updated in the IALP Resource kept at each neighborhood base office
- Records data related to the IALP indicators for Personal Support Manager submission to the LHIN monthly
- Maintains PERS units
- Must hold a valid certificate as a Personal Support Worker in Ontario
- Knowledge and skill related to geriatrics enhanced through clinical experience as a PSW
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a health care and/or community base setting
- Knowledge of community resources
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills
- Excellent group session facilitation and teaching skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and collaborate
CarePartners welcomes and encourages applicants from people with disabilities, accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
To apply please email Recruiter.Biljana@CarePartners.ca
Apply to this job