Posted Date: Dec 21, 2020
Details: This role will be in a factory/plant type setting and will manage the Cafe and dining services operations while leading a team of up to 8 Associates. The cafe is open 7 days a week; the Director will oversee daily operations, financials, and culinary functions. Chef Manager applicants welcome!
Growth. Opportunity. Excellence.
Canteen sets the national standard for excellence in automated retail, and EVERY segment of our business is thriving. We employ the best team in the industry and their dedication, collaboration and passion fuels our growth. YOU bring the enthusiasm, customer service and commitment; we'll supply the opportunity and innovation. TOGETHER we'll continue to transform the micro-market, dining, coffee and vending industry.
Come grow with us. We are Canteen.Job Summary:
This key leadership position is directly responsible for the successful operation of Food & Nutrition Services in an Acute Care Hospital. The Director of Food and Nutritional Services is responsible for all foodservice-related activities; including patient care, non-patient care (retail, cafeteria, catering etc), quality improvement, sanitation, infection control and all hospital-related activities. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic entrepreneurial manager who is constantly seeking a better way to conduct business.
The Director ensures client, customer satisfaction and efficient cost effective management. You will direct and conduct safety, sanitation, and maintenance programs; while maintaining excellent relationships with patients and the Client, as well as other departments within the Hospital. The Director is also responsible for promoting the professional growth and development of their team. In addition; you will assist in fostering strong inter-departmental relations and integrate the food-service department with the facility plan of operations.
- B.S. Degree in Food Services Technology/Management or related field; or A.A. Degree plus three (3) years of directly related experience
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of hospital or adult home/care experience preferred, depending upon formal degree or training
- Three (3) to five (5) years of direct foodservice operational management experience with inventory and purchasing knowledge and control
- Strong knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Previous P&L accountability or contract-managed service experience is desirable
- Strong supervisory, leadership, management and coaching skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate on various levels to include management, client, customer and associate levels
- Excellent financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet
- ServSafe® Certified
- Chef manager experience desired
Apply to Canteen today!
Canteen is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Req ID: 441867
ERIN S PRINDLE
Apply on company website