Our Client is collaborating with world-class hospitals in the Boston area to turn cutting-edge medical research into meaningful products. This Developer/Engineer position will contribute to the design, implementation and verification of software for projects they are bringing to market. This is a hands-on role focused on embedded software and firmware development and may also include algorithm development and optimization, image processing, application and GUI development. Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. No C2C.
Base Salary: $100K-$110K DOE. Could be more for a great fit!
- Software analysis, planning, design, implementation, and verification of novel medical devices that consists of hardware control, data acquisition, signal/image processing, display, and post processing of medical images
- Work collaboratively with researchers and application development engineers in all software development phases
- Design and code medical-grade software that meet the defined software requirements and Design Inputs
- Create documentation adhering to quality procedures, regulations, standards and industry best practices under Design Control
- Contribute to product requirement development and risk management reviews
- Work effectively in cross-functional teams consisting of Research, Engineering, QA/RA, and Marketing
- Keep abreast of relevant and new technologies in the medical device field
- Report progress regularly to Management
- Contribute to patent analysis and invention creations
- Proficiency in C/C++ in an embedded environment is required
- Education Required: Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience Required: 3 years in a software engineering role.
- Direct experience of software architecture design and development is preferred
- Strong understanding of modern programming languages.
- Must be a team player and possess strong oral and written communication skills
Experience in one more of the following:
- Developing for “bare silicon” and a variety of RTOS (QNX, Integrity, ThreadX, VxWorks, uCOS, RTLinux)
- Experience with Keil and IAR Workbench IDEs
- Experience with ARM development
- Developing medical or other safety-critical products
- Designing complex control systems using UML or SysML (Rational or Enterprise Architect)
- Knowledge and experience in image processing; experience using toolkits such as IPP
- Prototyping with MATLAB, Simulink, LabVIEW
- Intellectual property development
- Requirements analysis and risk management processes, e.g. hazard analysis and dFMEA
Apply on company website