TITLE: Director of Womens & Childrens Services
LOCATION: Columbus, OHIO
Are you considering a career change?
Looking for a smaller community (25K population), that offers a low cost of living (18% lower than US average) and plenty of activities in the area but is within an hour of a large city?
If so, an opportunity exists to work with an integrated health care system based in east-central Ohio who is looking for someone to join their team.
The system is a not-for-profit and has over 300 physicians and multiple outpatient care centers throughout the area.
The system is the largest provider in a six-county region and a primary referral center.
It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of its size including open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II neonatal intermediate care unit, neurosurgery and
comprehensive cancer services.
They are proud of their rich history of serving the community and vow to continue the tradition of healing and caring with compassion, trust, innovation and excellence. Summary:
Responsible for the leadership, vision and overall operation of the nursery, obstetrics and pediatric departments of the hospital.
The incumbent will work with physicians and staff to ensure patient care is delivered in an efficient and effective manner.
Helps identify opportunities for improving patient outcomes and helps oversee navigation of patients through their inpatient stay in an efficient manner.
Models behaviors congruent with healthcare systems mission and values and promotes consistent adherence to the values within the organization. Responsibilities:
1. Plan, directs, coordinates and evaluates overall nursing practice, administrative activities including fiscal material and human resource management for areas of responsibility.
2. Serves on hospital committees and participates in the development and implementation of organizational policies and procedures.
3. Identifies internal and external ways to leverage core business strengths.
4. Financially accountable for aspects of the business utilizing available financial systems and reports and understanding the expense and revenue aspects of the business.
5. Communicates business imperatives, goals and direction in a clear and complete manner.
6. Establishes clear goals and outcomes that drive change process.
7. Coaches and mentors staff.
8. Maintains an environment where all diversity is respected.
9. Holds people to high quality standard.
10. Maintains knowledge of regulatory changes and organization compliance.
11. Maintains highest level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
12. Performs other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications:
Master's degree in nursing, health education, management or related field required.
Current Ohio RN licensure required.
Labor & delivery experience and post-partum experience required.
Minimum 3 years of management experience.
Ability to coach employees and promote nursing excellence.
Ability to work independently and under pressure in a complex working environment. Additional Info:
This service line includes:
-Obstetrics-LDR Model 10 Labor Beds, 3 Antepartum/Triage private rooms
-Mother Baby 19 Beds
-Well Baby Nursery 26 licensed beds
-Special Care Nursery (Level 2) 8 beds
-Telemedicine Program NSY -NO LONGER HAVE TELEMED CAPABILITY, BUT DO HAVE A CONTRACT FOR CONSULTATION WITH NCH.
-Pediatrics 6 beds
-Maternal Family Education Program-Lactation Support, Bereavement, Childbirth Education
-Alternacare-(Ambulatory Surgery Center for Sterilizations) 1 OR, 1 Recovery Bay, 1 Treatment Room, 1 semi private patient room, 1 waiting room ALTERNACARE WILL BE TRANSITIONING TO OR SERVICES
-SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) program-1 room on both ED campuses SANE AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE NOW IS IN ED
-Domestic Violence Coalition
Person is over around 175 FTE's with managers included in this.
They do around 1,500 deliveries per year.
They use bar code scanning for medications, EPIC EMR with Stork for OB and Nursery, and Alaris Smart Pump TechnologyThe facility offers a competitive salary range starting at $100K and up commensurate with experience, and bonus potential of 9%, accelerated PTO accrual, and a great benefits package including relocation assistance.
Apply on company website