Sales & Business Development Manager – Chemical Sales
Location: HQ located near Spring House PA (Philadelphia Metro Area) - Work from your home based office- near a Major Airport
This Sales & Business Development position is open in a growing mid-sized Specialty Chemical Manufacturing Company. They have multiple manufacturing sites in the USA and yet are small enough to quickly adapt and adjust to support customer demands and business growth targets.
What might make this a positive career step?
- Company is structured to support your Business Development efforts. They hold a #1 and #2 positions in some markets and are now adding this position to aggressively expand into other targeted markets that coincide with available plant capacity.
- Expect career stability due to market diversity: They sell Specialty Chemical Products into varied industrial segments such that when one industry is in decline, they adapt and focus on growth in a different segment.
- Expect: Competitive base pay + sales incentive bonus program. Benefits include 401k matching + full medical, dental and other expected employee benefits.
As Sales & Business Development Manager, you'll focus on consultative selling with a goal of gaining market share within select chemical product lines. The position is open to replace a long term employees such that you'll be given some accounts to call-on, manage, and cultivate while you learn the business. Ultimately, you'll function as both Business Development Manager & Account Manager. Your work will extend into forecasting and identifying additional sales opportunities. You will develop new customers, while continuing to maintain relationships with existing customers. You will also work collaboratively with manufacturing personnel to ensure a high level of customer service. The current Sr Sales Account Manager and group Director have identified areas for growth and this position was created to initially pursue some of those targets. (There will be no direct reports.)
Responsibilities & Activities:
This person considers all aspects of the relationship with customers while striving to support the existing customer base, and develops new customers:
- Further develop customer relationships. Search for expansion and new business opportunities within current customer base.
- Manage all direct customer interfaces and inquiries regarding product performance/price, logistics, delivery or contractual format; insure direct contact with all existing accounts at least annually; prepare call reports.
- Call on clients at the staff and management levels ranging from researchers & lab technicians, to process engineers & operations staff, to maintenance & facilities managers, to professional purchasing agents and corporate executives.
- Gather data on market trends, competitive products, and prices; Develop and execute a territory sales plan
- Achieve annual sales and margin budgets for defined accounts and territory and develop new customers
- Develop and propose changes to the product strategic business plan to ensure proper positioning for long term growth
- Prepare proposals and price quotes
- Build and upkeep contact files with all pertinent names/positions
- Represent the company product lines at Trade Shows
- Travel about 50% primarily within the USA. Expect to be out of the office about 2 weeks per month.
Requested background profile… We are searching for a self-starter who is familiar with a consultative sales approach having aspects of both “farmer” & “hunter” in his/her personality, who thrives in a team environment, and has experience selling specialty chemicals.
- 4-year college degree - preference for BS Chemistry or ChE
- 5+ years of experience selling specialty chemicals including traveling to customer sites.
- The ability to understand manufacturing methods and supply chain issues
- Must possess a valid driver's license and the appropriate ID required for domestic air travel.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA without restrictions (no current or future restrictions; no sponsorship available for this role).
Apply on company website