buybuyBaby, one of the fastest growing retailers in the country, is seeking a top-level Senior Director, Category Management - DMM to help meet the challenges of our aggressive expansion plans.
As the Senior Director, Category Management – DMM you will play a vital role in developing and executing the strategy required to support the rapid growth of buybuyBaby. You will lead, develop, and motivate a team of Merchants focused on growing market share in multiple categories (Playroom, Feeding, Safety, Bath and Consumables) which also includes multiple key destination categories for the business (Gears and Toys).
- Develop strategies to maximize business performance and profitability, promotional strategies, and competitive merchandise assortments.
- Assist Category Managers in developing assortments that support the needs of our customers and the financial objectives of the company while strengthening market relationships and knowledge of market trends.
- Partner with internal Centers of Excellence: Planning, Digital, Marketing, Stores, Integrated Merchandising.
- Lead the Blueprint process – 12 month planning and strategy.
- Represent the buybuyBaby team as a thought leader in broader company initiatives such as: Digital Marketplace, Own Brands, external partnerships, registry program, etc.
- Develop and strengthen partnerships with the supplier community.
- Encourage your team to stay curious & bold and explore creative solutions for new and existing challenges.
- Utilize data driven insights to move the business.
- 7-10 years of buying and merchandising management experience.
- 3-5 years of leadership experience in digital/omni-channel merchandising.
- Ability to understand and synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions and recommend viable solutions.
- Collaborative working style, with a passion for building teams and mentoring.
- Experience working with external suppliers to drive business results.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills – able to identify, analyze and propose solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, “self-starter” environment serving as a catalyst for change and managing multiple work streams simultaneously.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including intermediate capabilities with Excel and Word.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website