Often times, people think that all retail positions are the same... and for the most part, they may be right! But when it comes to the merchandise we sell, the people that work for us and the scheduling flexibility we offer, we are definitely different! Our stores are very entrepreneurial, we have a unique approach to customer service, we are TRULY a retail phenomenon. As a Retail Sales Specialist, you will be responsible for exceeding our customers' evolving expectations by providing “best in class” customer service and a pleasant and fulfilling shopping experience. Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to offer our customers the widest range of quality housewares, home furnishings and much more! We offer associate discounts, flexible schedules, ongoing training, and the potential for advancement.
The Retail Sales Specialist oversees a Department within the store. In this role you will be a product, service and selling expert for your area while meeting sales and productivity goals.
Key Responsibilities :
- Models exceptional customer service by building relationships with store customers; makes appropriate recommendations based on customer needs; drives sales through suggestive selling, add-ons, and home deliveries
- Meets with customers on a one-on-one basis to assist with determining personal needs and compiling merchandise preference list
- Explains features of a broad array of merchandise to customers
- Promptly and politely responds to customer inquiries and requests for support
- Resolves customer issues using customer service skills, and escalates issues to more senior associates as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction
- Organizes and straightens merchandise areas on the sales floor
- Assists customers with all heart felt events; new mover, bridal, college, etc.
- Performs Registry Specialist tasks
- Performs Sales Associate tasks
- Knowledgeable of available technology and tools
- Assists customers by offering a Beyond order when merchandise is out of stock or not carried in the store
- Execute price changes and sign changes as needed
- Performs additional duties as required including, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, price changes, cart retrieval and break room
- Demonstrates commitment to the organization by maintaining regular, on site attendance, is reliable and follows through with responsibilities
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years of retail experience desired
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website