As an Associate Designer, Apparel, Soft Home & Accessories, you will be an integral part of a fast pace team responsible for designing and supporting the expanding own brand home and apparel business for buybuyBaby . The role will require someone with kids/baby design development experience from concepting to production.The associate designer should be self motivated able to interpret selling information, market trends, color direction, for the various categories of the home & apparel business. The Associate Designer is responsible for creating unique and differentiated products to propel growth for the company and deliver a consistent message of “quality, function, and style” for the customer . The successful candidate should be a detail orientated with ability to communicate well with cross functional partners.
• Support trend research for seasonal decks and special projects keeping imagery files updated with trackable
• Help generate presentations, ideas and concept boards for Merchandising Teams with regular search updates, and
information on emerging brands,and influencers.
• Support and maintain color, sketches details trim and fabric library by brand .
• Produce sketches, color ups, art ideas for each style required.
• Stay informed Trained on safety requirements required appropriate for age.
• Work alongside Designer to develop new areas or opportunities and create aesthetic strategies to support concepts.
• Work with technical team attending fit meetings with attention to final details.
• Provide mockups for projects that need a higher level of communication.
• Manage color and trim approvals, communicate with team and suppliers on critical dates.
• Constantly shop competitors to understand the market, make sure design provides differentiation, and are Best in
• Update all final design details, attend pre-production/fit meetings with designer and technical teams
• 2-4 yrs experience in a kids/baby apparel design team
• Applicant must have strong technical knowledge of production techniques and experience with suppliers.
• Proven verbal and written communication skills.
• Clear presentation skills with ability to build concepts, with CADS concept boards, mock ups.
• Superb time management skills.
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects and strict deadlines.
• Proficient in relevant computer programs, essential use of Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
• Relevant Bachelor's degrees in design or fashion design education
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website