Production Supervisor - North Carolina area
This position will have overall responsibility of supervising, planning, and directing the production of products on various individual production lines/areas to produce products safely and consistently within quality specifications. This position will supervise and coordinate activities of production associates to meet production needs and ensure efficient operation of their assigned area of responsibility. Must have open availability to work any shift.
Responsible for: developing and maintaining positive associate relations; training and developing skills and teamwork of associates under their supervision; ensuring department operates within compliance of HACCP (Hazard Analysis, Critical Control Points), USDA, and OSHA; and ensuring associates comply with facility safety rules and company policies. Will oversee associate training and development to ensure a quality product is produced at a competitive cost.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead production teams to meet short-term and long-term goals
- Ensure team member compliance with safety policies and procedures
- Enable teams to complete all required meetings on time; facilitate regular team meetings
- Collect, monitor, and report statistical data and an analysis of the data within specified time frames
- Identify opportunities for improvement, their root causes, and solutions to correct them within a team-based work environment
- Evaluate team member performance and assist team members' performance improvement, accountability, and advancement through effective goal setting, feedback, and training.
- Assist with customer facility audits.
- Assist with plant process improvement projects
- Support and contribute to achievement of facility goals for safety, people, quality, cost-savings
- Support the Butterball Mission Statement
- Hold pre-shift meetings for team
- Attend cross shift meetings
- Complete Safety Audits and participate in CST sub-committee
- Knowledge of and ability to work with computer programs such as Good interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Excellent attendance, personnel and safety record.
- Good understanding of fundamental labor and waste control.
- Ability to delegate responsibility.
- Ability to absorb and manage increasing responsibilities and excel in a leadership position.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing methods, process improvements, problem solving techniques and procedures.
- Task completion oriented
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Must have supervisory experience and possess leadership ability. Familiar with HACCP, SSOP, GMPs, and USDA. Must have the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in business or engineering from four-year college or university preferred; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Several years of experience, including hands-on, supervising up to 50 individuals in a team-based environment and ensuring compliance of work processes and systems. Experience in a meat processing facility with an understanding of USDA and OSHA regulations will be preferred. Strong safety background. Must be computer literate (Excel, PowerPoint & Word). Supervisory experience in a team-based environment.
- Provides leadership and guidance to employees in the Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision includes close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
Apply on company website